Virgin poster

Hello,

First time poster on this forum, although been reading up quite a bit in the last few weeks.

Just after any advice anyone can offer regarding coming to Bangkok. Ill be travelling on 28th Oct and plan on staying for 3 nights before moving onto Pattaya for 8. Would you say 3 nights is enough in Bangkok or should we stay longer? I thought in 3 nights we'd be able to fit in Nana, Soi Cowboy and Patpong so anymore might be too much?

Also we plan on bringing a lot of money to spend. Is the rate usually better in thailand than England? And would you advise using the bank machines as as when we need money rather than taking a big wad of cash with us?

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated if anyone has any, particulary concerning which are the best soapy massages to go to. Heard a lot about them and i plan on going to one as soon as the plane hits the ground!

Thanks..

Enjoy your first time. I have made 3 trips to LOS this year. I plan to retire ther in 8 years. 3 days in Bangkok is ok but you will probably lose one to jet lag. I went to Annie's for my first soapy (down the soi from Nana's). A little rundown but worth the investment. I know you have plenty of money to spend but please do not inflate the prices by overpaying for ST, LT. Change some of your money at the Airport. Put the rest in your hotel safe until you need it and you get your bearings. Plenty of moneychangers throughout Bangkok at the same exchange rate as Airport. Good Luck!

Don't get any money changed in UK as the rates are terrible. The rates at the airport are better than UK however you can get much better in central Bangkok (most the banks offer similar rates).

What I have found is that using an ATM is ok, but that would depend on your bank and account type. You get a much better headline rate but you pay various commissions. I do prefer the security of not carrying loads of cash around though.

If you want a soapy when you arrive I suggest you get the MRT to Huay Kwang and go to either Nataree or Poseidon - Stunning girls and great introduction to Bangkok.

Hello,

First time poster on this forum, although been reading up quite a bit in the last few weeks.

Just after any advice anyone can offer regarding coming to Bangkok. Ill be travelling on 28th Oct and plan on staying for 3 nights before moving onto Pattaya for 8. Would you say 3 nights is enough in Bangkok or should we stay longer? I thought in 3 nights we'd be able to fit in Nana, Soi cowboy and Patpong so anymore might be too much?

Also we plan on bringing a lot of money to spend. Is the rate usually better in thailand than England? And would you advise using the bank machines as as when we need money rather than taking a big wad of cash with us?

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated if anyone has any, particulary concerning which are the best soapy massages to go to. Heard a lot about them and i plan on going to one as soon as the plane hits the ground!

Thanks..

Three days in BKK will be good if you are just planning on hittin the nightlife.

If you are bringing large sums of money, use Travellers Cheques. Much safer. Bring large domination TCs as the banks charge their fee on the number of TCs you exchange. (~30B/TC)

The ATMs here will charge you ~150B/withdrawl fee, plus the fee from the bank in your home country. It costs me $10USD everytime I withdrawl cash. (150B+$5) I just opened a bank account here. You can open one as a tourist. All you need is your passport.

Hope this helps.

PM me if you need more help.

Cheers!

Looks like we're twins.

I'm also arriving for the first time to Thailand and will come to Bangkok on Oct 27th and will leave for Pattaya on Oct 31st.

My plan is also to hit either oil or soapy massage since I'll be staying on Sukhumvit round between Nana and Asoke BTS stations.

Will probably try this Airport rail line and exit at Makaasan station.

How many guys are coming with you since you partly write as I and partly as we.

I'm also reading a lot online to get as much info what to do and see and I must say Pattaya-addicts forum gave me the most valuable info and now I discovered this sister forum as well.

There are 5 of us coming over. We have planned 3 nights in Bangkok, but we have not booked anywhere in Pattaya yet incase we decide to stay in Bangkok longer.

Have you booked your hotels yet? Im wondering if we will have any problems just turning up in Pattaya without anywhere to stay. Ive got a list of a few hotels to stay in, recommended on here, but do you think the rate will be more expensive if we arrive without booking anywhere?

There are 5 of us coming over. We have planned 3 nights in Bangkok, but we have not booked anywhere in Pattaya yet incase we decide to stay in Bangkok longer.

Have you booked your hotels yet? Im wondering if we will have any problems just turning up in Pattaya without anywhere to stay. Ive got a list of a few hotels to stay in, recommended on here, but do you think the rate will be more expensive if we arrive without booking anywhere?

You won't have a problem finding a hotel in Patts on the spot. They are everywhere. You might pay a slightly higher rate as a walk-up, but it's a matter of a hundred baht or so vs having a reso ahead of time. Agoda.com is a great site to book hotel rooms in los. There's a lot of great places to stay in Patts. Cheers.