Hotel Advice

My first post so apologies if it is in the wrong place - I'll learn.

I'm in BKK for 48 hours next month and right now have a cancellable booking on the Pullman Grande, Sukhumvit.

Chosen because I like the look of the bathroom being in the bedroom and it seems to be a proper 5* place to impress. Also right next to Soi Cowboy so handy for taking a S/T, L/T home. It's about a hundred quid a night and I am sure some will tell me to save the money for fun but I want to pamper myself as well as get some action.

My question - is the place how it appears on TripAdvisor - is it a good choice for that sort of price bracket or can the wiser members here direct me elsewhere? 

I have not stayed at the Pullman.

But I have stayed at the Grande Centre Point Terminal 21. It’s also close to Soi Cowboy.

Modern style rooms. Nice views. Nice infinity pool and workout area. Private entrance into shopping mall. Girl friendly of course. I found it to be of 5 star quality and would impress any girl you bring into the room.

My room was on a high floor looking down on Soi Cowboy entrance. Large, Thick glass window blocking out all street noise. Also had two window shade options for privacy.

Price point should be similar to Pullman.

They don’t have a bar nor provide any alcohol in the hotel, but you can bring some into your room if needed. A non issue for me as I did all my drinking at gogo bars, etc.

I also stayed at Sukhumvit Suites and Dynasty Grande, but I do not think it fits your request.

Have a great trip!!

00b73e1743085e5aebd3884a7e3a897c.jpg

3b2b54e629e6ef954ee15093d49ff932.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My question - is the place how it appears on TripAdvisor - is it a good choice for that sort of price bracket or can the wiser members here direct me elsewhere? 

I stayed there twice already ... it's a 4 star hotel with 5 star make up appearance ... definately great bang for your bucks. 

The Pullman Sukhumvit is a good choice. There is a back entrance on Soi 23 offering discrete private entry for you and your girl. Another very good hotel choice in the same price/quality range & location is the Radisson Blu. The Radisson Blu has a much nicer swimming pool, a roof top bar, and a great breakfast buffet. A third possibility is Grand Centre Point T21, as has already been mentioned in this thread. T21 is a good choice as well. The T21 pool is great! But, their standard room is a little small. I would upgrade to the deluxe or grand deluxe room if I were to book here. 

Since you are only in BKK for 48 hours I recommend you choose one of the 3 (the Pullman Sukhumvit, the Radisson Blu, or the Grand Centre Point T21) that is currently offering the best deal on Agoda or Expedia. You can't go wrong with any of them. And if you want to pay a little more, get a little more, then consider the Westin or the Sofitel Sukhumvit.

Edited by gogul

The Pullman Sukhumvit is a good choice. There is a back entrance on Soi 23 offering discrete private entry for you and your girl. Another very good hotel choice in the same price/quality range & location is the Radisson Blu. The Radisson Blu has a much nicer swimming pool, a roof top bar, and a great breakfast buffet. A third possibility is Grand Centre Point T21, as has already been mentioned in this thread. T21 is a good choice as well. The T21 pool is great! But, their standard room is a little small. I would upgrade to the deluxe or grand deluxe room if I were to book here. 

Since you are only in BKK for 48 hours I recommend you choose one of the 3 (the Pullman Sukhumvit, the Radisson Blu, or the Grand Centre Point T21) that is currently offering the best deal on Agoda or Expedia. You can't go wrong with any of them. And if you want to pay a little more, get a little more, then consider the Westin or the Sofitel Sukhumvit.

Great advice. Right on the mark.

I have not stayed at the Pullman.

But I have stayed at the Grande Centre Point Terminal 21. It’s also close to Soi Cowboy.

Modern style rooms. Nice views. Nice infinity pool and workout area. Private entrance into shopping mall. Girl friendly of course. I found it to be of 5 star quality and would impress any girl you bring into the room.

Are girls actually impressed by the hotel you stay at if it's 5 star or close to? Any perks/cons as a result?

Are girls actually impressed by the hotel you stay at if it's 5 star or close to? Any perks/cons as a result?

Some girls are, others don't care at all. The more experienced hardened girls tend to not care. They have been to most hotels plenty of times before and it is just another gig. I have had some younger or inexperienced girls get star struck by the hotel. One actually covered her face and literally dropped to the floor when we walked into a suite at the Radisson Blu Plaza. One insisted on we taking a very long bath. Eventually I had to pull her out if there. They do enjoy the room and some will stay longer if they can. However, I do not stay in nice hotels for the girls. I do it for me. I enjoy the feeling of bringing a beautiful girl to an upscale room. I spend the extra cash because it makes me feel good, not just because of the perks or to impress a girl. I also enjoy the other end of the scale. Bringing a trashy drunk girl to a filthy ST hotel :rolleyes:

I did not really like Grand Centre Point T21. The decor gave me associations to cold dorm rooms. Also, the bed floats around during activates. The Radisson Blu and JW Marriot are probably the best 5 star hotel options, close to Cowboy and NEP respectively. Honourable mention to Sofitel. The Sheraton Grande and Marriott Marquis Queens Park look really nice, but I have not stayed at any of them yet. The Westin is too old. The rooms are really worn down and the reception is not nice at all. I have not stayed at Pullman, but it looks like a good choice.

From the 10 commandments for mongers:

"5. Don't try to impress girls with your hotel room, fancy restaurants and extensive payments. Displays of money or / and large tips will not get you better service – maybe even the opposite"

Staying close to where you intend to BF is a good idea tho, as some are clock watchers and all hate to walk.

Some girls are, others don't care at all. The more experienced hardened girls tend to not care. They have been to most hotels plenty of times before and it is just another gig. I have had some younger or inexperienced girls get star struck by the hotel. One actually covered her face and literally dropped to the floor when we walked into a suite at the Radisson Blu Plaza. One insisted on we taking a very long bath. Eventually I had to pull her out if there. They do enjoy the room and some will stay longer if they can. However, I do not stay in nice hotels for the girls. I do it for me. I enjoy the feeling of bringing a beautiful girl to an upscale room. I spend the extra cash because it makes me feel good, not just because of the perks or to impress a girl. I also enjoy the other end of the scale. Bringing a trashy drunk girl to a filthy ST hotel :rolleyes:

I did not really like Grand Centre Point T21. The decor gave me associations to cold dorm rooms. Also, the bed floats around during activates. The Radisson Blu and JW Marriot are probably the best 5 star hotel options, close to Cowboy and NEP respectively. Honourable mention to Sofitel. The Sheraton Grande and Marriott Marquis Queens Park look really nice, but I have not stayed at any of them yet. The Westin is too old. The rooms are really worn down and the reception is not nice at all. I have not stayed at Pullman, but it looks like a good choice.

I always stay at nice hotels whether mongering or otherwise. Was more just curious what perks/cons I've been experiencing but would be unaware of.

I considered Grand Centre Point and JW Marriot but avoided Grand for similar reasons to you, but I also thought JW rooms looked very dated and bland. Kinda like your typical 5 star American chain hotel that has worse rooms than boutique hotels for half the price.

From the 10 commandments for mongers:

"5. Don't try to impress girls with your hotel room, fancy restaurants and extensive payments. Displays of money or / and large tips will not get you better service – maybe even the opposite"

Staying close to where you intend to BF is a good idea tho, as some are clock watchers and all hate to walk.

I have a bad habit of taking girls to fancy restaurants. Mainly because I find it hard to justify expensive restaurants if I'm going alone, but somehow I find it ok if I have company. I don't do it to impress the girls though.

I've never seen the 10 commandments before. Some good tips in there. I'm definitely too honest with girls.

Commandments for others reading if you're interested;

https://triptlr.com/10-commandments-for-mongers/

http://pattayaangels.blogspot.com.au/2015/10/commandments-for-life-long-monger.html

https://www.stickmanbangkok.com/readers-submissions/2005/12/the-ten-commandments-of-a-happy-whoremonger/

• Upvote 1

I have a bad habit of taking girls to fancy restaurants. Mainly because I find it hard to justify expensive restaurants if I'm going alone, but somehow I find it ok if I have company. I don't do it to impress the girls though.

I do the same, although invariably they're outraged by the price. I recently took a girl to one of Bangkok's newly Michelin starred Thai restaurants. She said the food was good, but wanted to know why I was willing to pay this kind of money for Thai food when it can be had much cheaper in other restaurants. Her reaction mirrors that of others. I once had a girl not want to order when she saw the prices on the menu, haha.

I see you've gotten some feedback already, but I'll still chime in... The Pullman is definitely a nice hotel. I have stayed there a few times, and it's always been good. Nice bathtub, nice shower, decent size room, good service, etc.

Edited by joeyb

Wow - I'm impressed by the support of this community. Great and plentiful advice, thankyou to all who replied!

I'll stick with my booking and report back. As one or two said on here - i'm doing it mainly for me because I live a pretty simple life normally but want to splash out a bit (in more than one sense) on this trip :)

I also happen to be drawn to the less hardened, newer and more innocent types so anyone over there or with real recent experience who might want to share or PM a tip will be gratefully received. I've only been to BKK once before - it was a fun time involving a great freelancer from the now defunct Bangkok Beat, a complete fail from some prima donna type who I think I'd been chatting up on Thai Friendly and a newbie girl from Crazy House who I must have been subliminally attracted to because it turned out to be her second night.

If I could recreate the 2 great experiences and drop the shit one this next time I'd be a happy man.