Foot massage

So what is the crack.

I was once some time back, by some water falls I think in Chang Mai and there were a few people offering massage so I decided on having my very first foot massage.  I like the feeling of soft squeezing of the foot etc.   Well what took place by whom I believe was a very inexperienced young lad amounted to torture.  It was just rubbing of the bone for a long time and poking and prodding which was very painful and not very comfortable, so much in fact I had to ask him to stop.  He looked a bit upset and I managed to get a shoulder which was also painful but I carried that through.

Now I have read so many times about a wonderful foot massage and we all know it got a man thrown out of a window in a classic movie, so what I am missing out on?   Did I just get a bit of a dud and should I go back for a revisit?

A foot massage is really a misnomer, as they just just massage your feet. They do you legs and even end with a bit at the shoulders.

I think the best foot massage on earth is at Raintree on Soi 11 (almost directly across from Au Bon Pain)

350 baht...probably 100 baht more than the cheap places and well worth every baht.

try it out.

I love Massage and Thailand has a very rich Traditional Massage Culture. However, quality varies and The Traditional Shops and Spa's generally have better trained Therapist. Age is also not a sure fire way to gauge experience. Trial and Error continues to be the only way to find what you like. Don't be shy about asking for soft or saying Bow bow. Not sure how it is spelled in Thai. Also, Cha Cha to go slow. Good luck, keep the faith, you will find what you seek.

• 3 weeks later...

A foot massage is really a misnomer, as they just just massage your feet. They do you legs and even end with a bit at the shoulders.

I think the best foot massage on earth is at Raintree on Soi 11 (almost directly across from Au Bon Pain)

350 baht...probably 100 baht more than the cheap places and well worth every baht.

try it out.

Agree on Raintree. I use the one on soi 23. 

They have branches around town.