Better to stay in between Nana & Sui Cowboy or near one of the sites?

Hi guys,

Planning 7 nights trip to Bangkok.

Was wondering better to stay in somewhere between or pick one of the sites? how have been your experiences?

I'd like to visit both the places, obviously.  Does it matter to the working ladies etc?

Thinking between Sukh 7-9 / that area in general. 

Thanks!

They're so close to each other that it doesn't really matter. It depends to some extent on your budget for accommodation (lower budget then stay closer to soi 4, higher budget then one of the better hotels halfway between Nana and Cowboy).

There are not really many hotels in Suk 7-9. Sukhumvit 9 is an alley full of urine, rats and the back entrances of shophouses (with one horrible little Thai karaoke place to which I have unfortunately been far too many times), while Suk 7 has one or two downscale hotels from memory. Suk 7/1 has mostly BJ bars and suchlike.

If you search the forum you'll find many threads discussing hotels and budgets in the area

• Upvote 1

They're so close to each other that it doesn't really matter. It depends to some extent on your budget for accommodation (lower budget then stay closer to soi 4, higher budget then one of the better hotels halfway between Nana and Cowboy).

There are not really many hotels in Suk 7-9. Sukhumvit 9 is an alley full of urine, rats and the back entrances of shophouses (with one horrible little Thai karaoke place to which I have unfortunately been far too many times), while Suk 7 has one or two downscale hotels from memory. Suk 7/1 has mostly BJ bars and suchlike.

If you search the forum you'll find many threads discussing hotels and budgets in the area

Had the same theory so staying at S15. Mid range hotel. Also close to Thermae. Plenty of options.

Cheers thanks guys!

• 4 weeks later...

S15 Hotel is pretty much the ideal location IMO.

If I were picking hotels, I'd pick whatever is closest to Sukhumvit Road.  I find myself running back and forth to the hotel a lot during an entire day and even a 5 minute walk down a Soi is actually pretty uncomfortable.  It's always hot outside and the soi's are very narrow with cars and motorbikes a few feet from touching you.

I personally prefer staying near asoke where you are close to both BTS and MRT, as well as Terminal 21. It's within walking distance from Thermae and soi cowboy. If you bf girls at nana, it's only a short cab ride away.

Asoke seems to be easier to get in/out of as well. Soi4 hotels can be a pain to get a car or taxi into.

Forget cars an taxis, except at night. The whole area is one big traffic jam. The only good way to get around is the skytrain/met or motorcycle taxis. IMHO the only problem with Asok hotels is there is not much going on in the daytime. AT soi 4 you have a whole area with daytime bars.