Hi all,

I'm in the process of booking my next trip for this upcoming September.

I'll spend first 3 nights at Aloft, then I'll be for 4 night in Pattaya and  back in BKK for 4 more nights. The last 4 nights haven't been booked yet and I'm contemplating switching it up a bit.

I'm usually staying at Aloft because of the location, the price, service, GF etc. I like the place. But I'm almost willing to try something new and go AIRBNB for a change.

I've found 2 appartments for now:

• This one on Soi 11. great location as I really like staying on this soi. There's everything there for me. The appartment is more expensive but huge and a big step up from an Aloft room. I won't have the cleaning services nor the room service. Instead I'll get a pretty baller view and balcony.
  • This one in Asok. Nice location as well. Right accross terminal 21. Cheaper, cosy. Less luxourious but still nicer than a room at Aloft.

A bit torn. It's hard leaving something you're so accustomized to :rolleyes:. Aloft has such great things going for it but it starts to feel a bit dated. Rooms especially. It's still the easy choice tho.

But switching to AIRBNB is tempting. By the way, no issue with GF in those appartment buildings?

What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

I would be reluctant to use AirBNB i Thailand. If i´m not misstaken, short-time rentals (less than 30 days) are not allowed in Thailand meaning that the rental is illegal. It probably doesn´t mean that you could be fined but there can be hassles that you want to avoid. Someone correct me if I´m wrong.

Another thing. The apartments looks amazing but do you really need them that big? You are paying for a bedroom that you don´t need, for that kind of money you can have a really nice room in a 5 star hotel.

A one bedroom apartment rental can offer a very luxurious space to inhabit and entertain our sexy little friends. I like exec apartment hotels like Marriott Park, Fraser, and Column for that very reason. The major advantages of an exec apartment hotel over an AirBNB apartment is daily maid service and an on premises restruarant.. The major advantage of AirBNB is their price is usually cheaper than exec hotel apartments. Before booking, however, be very sure about the owner's guest friendly policy.  Some owners do not allow overnight guests unless they are registered on the rental agreement.

Airbnb would be good if you were staying a while,but as pointed out earlier most are hesitant for short stay. Many countries in Asia are changing rules because of airbnb, because they can bypass a lot of the hotel rules and regulations. I did a quick search for bangkok and noticed rules such as "if asked you are a friend staying there" and "nothe guest friendly". Personally not worth the hassle IMHO.

I've stayed at a number of Airbnbs in Tokyo and Hong Kong. I was going to for Bangkok as well but decided against it.

- hotels in Bangkok are pretty well priced compared to other major cities. I wasn't saving that much money.

- I've yet to stay at an Airbnb that provided more than one mid-sized towel. At hotels you get all the towels you want.

- I've stayed at Airbnbs where the provided blanket was no thicker than a towel.

- I prefer the privacy of an Airbnb over hotels, but hotels have better security.

- I've never been hassled at an Airbnb by other residents.

Thank you all for the advices. Looks like I'll stick with Aloft then! You made the decision pretty straight forward I must say. Too much possible hassle and uncertainties and not enough added values.