Unlimited number of 30-day Visa exempt entries to Thailand?

joeyb

For several years (2005-2011)I stopped in Bangkok almost every month while traveling on business.  Sometimes my Bangkok visit was for business and sometimes just for mongering.  I never had a problem and never had a visa of any kind.  My visits were usually for 3-7 days at a time.  I am not sure if things are different now but it was so easy I never questioned it.

• 7 months later...

That's very interesting you were questioned by UK border agency. They don't actually have the right to ask you this type of question. The only thing they're allowed is to ask you questions to establish that you are the rightful holder of the passport. The fact that you come and go often to Thailand is, frankly, none of their business.

See here

Unfortunately, here in the USA we apparently don’t share your freedoms. They, immigration and customs, can ask you anything and everything. They have also empowered the airlines to ask questions pre check in, which occurs every time I fly from the UK). When I’ve refused to answer these questions (why should I tell my occupation to an airline clerk) the sticker they put on the back of my passport has flagged me for the third degree later on. But it’s worth it. Interesting that Global Entry and other services that are supposed to give you automated inspection still don’t protect you from intrusiveness at certain locations.

Edited by Sirjohn

I asked an immigration officer, and she specifically said it is "up to the immigration officer."  So appear desirable. I need a 3rd in a row but a) I'll be flying from the US, and b) i'll have a letter from my lawyer saying I can pick up my WP3 (a form for getting a Non-B visa). Why don't i just get my visa in the US? I've got two weeks there. I live here. I would rather be visiting family than queuing up for a visa.

Started applied for a visa every trip after 3-4 stays, eventually I used a multi-entry visa. Now I'm wondering if I would be able to go "visa-free" a couple of time since it's been a year since this whole thing started...

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of this is upto the mood of the immigration officer - I work FIFO so arrived on a Business Class tivket and went through the VIP immigration line and the guy there started the whole song and dance about me needing a visa - which I firmly told him I didnt.  Anyway this went on for a few minutes and he called a lady supervisor, I talked to her and after some questions she stamped me in.  The concern is you are working in thailand, they dont seem to understand that when we work remotely or offshore it is almost a 4 weeks on 4 weeks off in thailand - It does not "COMPUTE" for them how you can work that way and get paid.

I am married so eventualy went to Laos (savanakhet) and got the 1 year multi entry visa - however a lot of the oil and gas / offshore guys are going to find it tricky moving forwards