Baiyoke Sky Hotel Bangkok

Hi Guys !

This is an old report, but maybe the rooms looks the same today.

The last days of my trip in april 2008, I stayed 2 nights at the Baiyoke Sky Hotel in Bangkok. I booked via internet and paid 6400 baht ( tariff rate 13000 baht ) for a Presidential Suite Room ( one bedroom ) located in the Space zone ( 70 - 74 floor ). The room I got was on the 71st floor and had a great view of the city. B)

The service in all parts of the hotel, except for the reception, was good. I think the people working in the reception never heard the word service before. I was suposed to get a free dinner for 2 at the Crystal Grill restaurant, but had to ask for the voucher 4 times before I got it. When I was checking out, I had to wait 40 minutes for them to check my minibar that I hadn't touched. All in all, an OK hotel, but a bit expensive. :mellow:

The location is great if you like shopping. It's in the middle of Pratunam area and the Pratunam market. It's a bit far from Silom and Sukhumwit. :angry:

Here's the website:

http://www.baiyokehotel.com/

Here's some pictures from the room I stayed in:

539.JPG

540.JPG

541.JPG

542.JPG

543.JPG

544.JPG

545.JPG

546.JPG

547.JPG

549.JPG

Here's the view from the room on the 71th floor:

552.JPG

553.JPG

554.JPG

555.JPG

556.JPG

Cheers :D

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have a question about dinner at the Baiyoke. Last year when I was there I was able to get a 7-course meal on the 80ish floor of the hotel. The location was on a balcony outside the hotel where the food was brought outside. The inside area looked like a buffet. Do you know what the name of this restaurant which serves the food outside on the balcony is?