Where else to stay in BKK?

I usually stay right near Nana plaza but I wanted to change it up a bit.  I usually stay pay about $75 a night and would like keep that at my max.   Is there another area in Bangkok anyone stayed that really liked it?  It Doesn't need to be near the "action" but it would be nice if it was on the BTS route.

I enjoyed Chinatown last time I was there so that would be an option...I just feel BKK has so much to offer I would like to see some other parts of the city.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I usually stay right near Nana plaza but I wanted to change it up a bit.  I usually stay pay about $75 a night and would like keep that at my max.   Is there another area in Bangkok anyone stayed that really liked it?  It Doesn't need to be near the "action" but it would be nice if it was on the BTS route.

I enjoyed Chinatown last time I was there so that would be an option...I just feel BKK has so much to offer I would like to see some other parts of the city.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Not near the BTS but near the MRT route: try staying in Ratchada. It is a lot more local than Sukhumvit and has plenty to offer. From the huai kwang night market to major malls just as Central Rama 9 and Esplanade as well as some mongering action in the form of the huge soapy massage parlours such as Emmanuelle, Posideon and The Lord. 

You could also try staying at On Nut. Plenty of street food and massages everywhere and all at local thai prices.

I really like Silom seaside, the area around State Tower (Lebua Hotel). It´s close to BTS but also a part of the old town with lots of small shops and street food. Also next to the river so you can explore all the sights (and Chinetown which is in walking range). Centre Point Silom should be in within your price range, great value for money!

That depends on what kind of bars you are looking for? Centre Point Silom is only a few BTS-stops from Patpong and that scene.

Other great bars in the area:

- Bamboo bar at Oriental hotel. Legendary high end jazz bar with great drinks. Partied with the Red Bull family there last year.

- Sky Bar on top of Lebua Hotel. Great views. Expansive drinks and lots of tourists.

- Jacks Bar. A cheap dive with great river views. Great vibe! My favorite bar in Bangkok.

- Soi Nana (not to be confused with NEP). A small cluster of hipster bars close to Hua Lamphong.

- Jam. Just south of Surasek BTS. Small friendly artsy place. Has lots of concerts and events.