Grand President Soi 11

Morning guys. 

Right skimming through the forums I have seen one or a lot of you guys have been to this hotel.

So, I'm planning my next trip, kind of going for luxury on a budget. My budget is £1200-£1400 ($1500-$1750) for a 3 week stay, this is for flights and hotels so I got some to play with. The hotel I tend to stay in is a fair bit out the way at suk soi 50 but it suits me but its time for a change. What i'm looking at is having a decent size room, a nice bed, a nice shower and somewhere i can plug my playstation in. The Grand President seems to have this covered. I'm also loosely planning to take 2k baht a day for food, drink and travel, I know i can do this if i get breakfast in the hotel. I'm also setting a Budget for the nightlife side of things.

On that note....

I'd love to hear what you guys think of this hotel, pro's, con's ect

I have stayed at the Grand President a few times and won't do so ever again.  The facilities are more than showing their age and the staff is poor.  Yes, the location is great, but the service is poor.  Three different towers and they all suck!

A hotel on Soi 11 with a similar price point (and cleaner) is Citadines on Soi 11--across from the Aloft Hotel/Levels.  Citadines on Soi 8 is also good, quieter street, with a shuttle to the Suk 24 hours a day...

The former "president palace" just reopened as a "Mercure" hotel...higher price point, but perhaps you can get a deal.

I have stayed at the Grand President a few times and won't do so ever again. The facilities are more than showing their age and the staff is poor. Yes, the location is great, but the service is poor. Three different towers and they all suck!

A hotel on Soi 11 with a similar price point (and cleaner) is Citadines on Soi 11--across from the Aloft Hotel/Levels. Citadines on Soi 8 is also good, quieter street, with a shuttle to the Suk 24 hours a day...

The former "president palace" just reopened as a "Mercure" hotel...higher price point, but perhaps you can get a deal.

Thanks for that, that's exactly what I needed. Like you say it's a great location and the reviews I have read are mixed.

I'll definitely look elsewhere