Renting a condo vs apart-hotel

Morning guys.

Right really need some help planning this trip. I've hit a bump in the road for my plan on going to Bangkok this year so 2018 I'm going to extend my stay. currently planning on 1 week in Hong Kong, bit of fun to unwind before i hit bangkok and then I'm planning on 4 weeks in Thailand.

So thing thing is, I'm looking at a condo or a apart-hotel type deal, I am aiming for £600-£800 max for the month, cheaper the better. I am just wondering if you guys have any suggestions.

Morning guys.

Right really need some help planning this trip. I've hit a bump in the road for my plan on going to Bangkok this year so 2018 I'm going to extend my stay. currently planning on 1 week in Hong Kong, bit of fun to unwind before i hit bangkok and then I'm planning on 4 weeks in Thailand.

So thing thing is, I'm looking at a condo or a apart-hotel type deal, I am aiming for £600-£800 max for the month, cheaper the better. I am just wondering if you guys have any suggestions.

Many condos are not going to rent out the room for just one month. For many owners, they would want a minimum of 6 months. However, you might be able to find someone who wants to sublet it out for a month. 

Can't personally recommend any service apartments / apartment style hotels as I stayed in a condo.

Airbnb is an option.  

Apparently airbnb is not legal in Thailand for rents of less than one month but you are close to one month and for many apartments it would be cheaper to pay for one month and get the discounted price for a longer stay. 

But anyhow there are many condos on airbnb which are happy to rent for a few days or a week or a month.....

For £800 you would find a 1 bed apartment in a suitable area.

Many condos are not going to rent out the room for just one month. For many owners, they would want a minimum of 6 months. However, you might be able to find someone who wants to sublet it out for a month. 

Can't personally recommend any service apartments / apartment style hotels as I stayed in a condo.

Airbnb is an option.  

Apparently airbnb is not legal in Thailand for rents of less than one month but you are close to one month and for many apartments it would be cheaper to pay for one month and get the discounted price for a longer stay. 

But anyhow there are many condos on airbnb which are happy to rent for a few days or a week or a month.....

For £800 you would find a 1 bed apartment in a suitable area.

Thanks for the info guys. something for me to look into. As it stands not 30 seconds after I posted this i remembered about a friend of a friend owning a condo in onnut and this friend saying to me i could maybe rent this as she is out of the country for a few months with her farang partner.