For the third year in a row, I'll be going to Bangkok in April.  I time it so that I can attend Songkran when I get there.  I don't know about anyone else, but I can hardly wait for April to get here.  Still a little over 3 months away, but we're in the home stretch!

Anybody else going during Songkran, or even during April?

Ill probably be there from 1 to 10 of April...if i cant take those days i will be from 8 to 16 and then be there for Songkran. Anyway, i was there once during songkran and dint enjoy that much. just getting wet all day wherever i went. gets annoying after a while.

George Fox's boots will be on the ground April 9-14th.  five days and nights.  My first return trip since Oct. 2014.  I don;t plan to participate in any Songkran festivities.    Any BM who wants to meet up feel free to PM me.  We can compare notes and share war stories.  I'll be staying on Soi 11.

• 4 weeks later...

April 8th to 24th. Unfortunately, I am there during Songkran. Rather skip it.

I have my next 3 trips booked. April, July and October. Will most likely do December as well. I am getting into a 2 months on 4 trips a year rhythm which is perfect. It does not get old, I am content when I leave and the next trip is never far away.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll be in BKK for 3 nights to check Songkran off my bucket list.  I'm staying on Suk 10 (walking distance from Thermae  :) ) I'm 63, from Oregon, 3rd visit to Thailand.  This leads me to a couple of questions:

How are the clubs, bars and massage places during Songkran?  Are they more crowded or emptier?

Also, can someone confirm that my targeted venues are still operating?  They are The Ease 7eaven, Bit Style & Celebrity.  I'm pretty sure the Som's, Kasalong and Thermae will be open.

Thanks in advance.  If anyone wants to meet up, Post or DM.

Jim

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...