Bangkok shopping during Red-shirts protests

Hi

Where is safe to go shopping right now?

1: MBK?

2:Patpong nightmarket is closed i guess?

3:Siam centers also closed?

4:Pantip plaza?

5:Lumpini park night market?

6:Chatuchak? hate this market but need to know what is still open due to the circumstances.

Are the BTS running as usual or is it also partly closed?

What else is there looking for t-shirts, shorts, toys, electronics,etc

Can anyone advise me whats open and whats not and where its safe to go shopping without risking a granade in the head.

THanks

It's all safe, although Siam Paragon, Centralworld and Siam Discovery remain closed. Everywhere else you mention is open as normal and less busy! BTS & MRT open as normal. I work at Chitlom and have to walk through a Reds barricade to get to my place of work. They're very friendly.

It's all safe, although Siam Paragon, Centralworld and Siam Discovery remain closed. Everywhere else you mention is open as normal and less busy! BTS & MRT open as normal. I work at Chitlom and have to walk through a Reds barricade to get to my place of work. They're very friendly.

Thanks brewster for that input!

Thanks brewster for that input!

Obviously (I hope) as of Thursday night (13th) things have seriously escalated and while Cowboy and Nana are safe (so far) the shopping mall area is not! The BTS (Skytrain) and MRT have been closed all day and are likely to remain so tomorrow (Sunday).

Obviously (I hope) as of Thursday night (13th) things have seriously escalated and while Cowboy and Nana are safe (so far) the shopping mall area is not! The BTS (Skytrain) and MRT have been closed all day and are likely to remain so tomorrow (Sunday).

MBK, which remained open during most of the red shirts protests, has now been closed for a few days. If you want shopping, Emporium was still open last time I went by. I am not sure about the place on Ratchada like Fortune, which I prefer over Panthip for coputer HW/SW, and further down, places like Esplanade. I would normally take either BTS to Asoke and MRT there, or a Taxi down Phetburi Road or Rama 9, but haven't ventured there recently.