City Lodge, Soi 9, Bangkok

City Lodge, Soi 9 Sukhumvit, May 2010

Telephone: + 66 2253 7705

Email: [email protected]

Web: www.amari.com

I stayed in room 592 (superior room on the back side) at City Lodge on Soi 9 the first week of May 2010. This is an older eight story Hotel on the corner of Soi 9 and Sukhumvit that is one of the Amari chain of hotels. It is one block from the Soi with Eden Club and about four blocks to Nana Entertainment Plaza. A bit of a walk to Soi Cowboy but well within the capacity of a sober tourist. The Nana BTS station is also a few steps away. The room was booked via www.latestays.com. Taxi is a bit of a bother as Soi 9 is very narrow and crowded. My Taxi stopped at the entrance to Soi and I grabbed my bags and hopped out.

The halls and stairwells are very wide compared to some of the other places (Ever Rich, Eight Inn) that I have stayed in Bangkok. Public areas have granite tile floors but the rooms are carpeted. The bathroom is an older style with a combination tub/shower/curtain. It has been refitted with an “on demand” hot water heater (see picture). The bathroom is ceramic tile except the appliances. The supplied linen includes wash cloths !

The AC is a floor standing ductless unit next to the Window that operates with an individual room thermostat. Note: there is NO key operated power switch … thus the AC keeps the room cool when one is out and about. The lift operated without any problems. Internet service ia via WiFY with a require login (24 hours). The internet service was included in the cost of the room in the booking that I had. The WiFY router on my floor (5th) was dropping packets but I had no problems with the ones for the floor above or below.

The TV is an older model CRT with 12 channels (at least three were English). Plenty of storage drawers, closet space and mini fridge. The is a “personal Bar” stocked various beverages, candy and condoms (see the picture for price list). The power outlets except either UK, US or French (I think) leads. The are plenty of power outlets and lights (another pleasant change).

Visitors must stop at the front desk (manned 24 x7) for an ID check. There are no extra charges for a overnight visitor. I did not inquire regards two visitors or members of the third sex.

The staff was friendly and always had my key in hand when I came through the front door. The front desk staff had very good English. I found the hotel to be well maintained and very clean. They do have smoking and non-smoking rooms. I give this hotel a very good recommendation and will stay here in the future.

City_Lodge_000.jpg

City_Lodge_002.jpg

City_Lodge_004.jpg

City_Lodge_Back_view.jpg

city_lodge_bath_00.jpg

city_lodge_bath_02.jpg

city_lodge_xtras_01.jpg

city_lodge_xtras_02.jpg

city_lodge_xtras_price.jpg

Edited by lostagain

I stayed here in for a week in late March and concur with everything said. It is a great place for someone who wants to spend in the 1500 baht neighborhood.

One word of warning: do not skimp and stay in the lesser-priced rooms that face the street. Even with earplugs and travel exhaustion I still found myself unable to sleep at 3am from the pounding bass lines. Plus, if your blinds aren't drawn there's a good chance anyone heading into the BTS station will see exactly what you're up to...whatever that may be.

GDT

There's no problem bringing two girls in here, have stayed there many times. They have a 1200 baht walk-in special, if rooms are available. There is also a City Lodge on Soi 19, rooms are slightly better and the hotel is very near both mrt and bts. Usually priced 100-200 baht more than Soi 9.

i have stayed there several times last year they often had a 990 mid week special (not for friday saturday or sunday nights ),didnt when i rang them from Pattaya but when i arrived it was advertised out side it was a small comfortable room only drawback was it was right next to the bts but wasnt too bad for noise the first time i stayed there (march 09 ) i prebooked gave them my flight time etc (1am) they had a taxi waiting to take me to thier other (more expensive hotel ) city lodge on soi 19 for no extra cost