Grande Centre Point Terminal 21

Hello - I'm planning on visiting BKK with my traveling companion from Isaan.  This hotel is in a great location for us, but I'm worried that it a 40 year old farang with a late 20's TG will be out of place here and cause some awkwardness.  Is this hotel too upscale and business-oriented for us or will we feel welcomed?

Thanks for any assistance.

Luke

I've never stayed at the hotel, but have stayed at some upscale hotels in BKK and other part of Asia.  Never had a problem with my guests, but I think it has more to do with they way you act and more importantly dress...especially your companion.     I'm sure someone on the board has stayed there before and will be able to give you a better feel for the place.

Hello - I'm planning on visiting BKK with my traveling companion from Isaan. This hotel is in a great location for us, but I'm worried that it a 40 year old farang with a late 20's TG will be out of place here and cause some awkwardness. Is this hotel too upscale and business-oriented for us or will we feel welcomed?

Thanks for any assistance.

Luke

Hi

i always stay on the otherside of Terminal 21 at Upscale hotel,

like u i am in my 40s and have had girls amd LB with me, and never a problem, like the OP said, "its more about behave and dress" its no problem and they will not ask, just let the hotell u r staying together during your stay so they understand its nit just for "the

night"

anyway enjoy n have a good time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Grande Centre Point is not that upscale. And if it were, it would not really be a problem. Upscale hotel staff are usually professionals and do their best to make you feel welcome. All kinds of people are guests there, and most likely no one will openly pass judgement. It did not come across as a hotel with a lot of business traveler. Also, for some reason I did not run into that many other guests there. There are few places where guests interact or pass. I stayed there with a girl from Isaan. She feel did not feel out of place there, and chatted with the staff we passed.

Overall, the hotel did not appeal to me. The pool is really nice, but lacks a bar. When I stayed there, the hotel had a policy not to serve alcohol beverages. So get your own beer at 7-11. Toilet rings are heated!

Maybe this will be helpful:

http://www.bangkok-addicts.com/forum/topic/5745-grand-centre-point-or-the-continent-hotel/

For some added options The Westin, Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit are also close and if looking at the offers page of the hotels web site you might find it is cheaper than GCP T21.

I have stayed at both with no issue in having a guest return to the room with me or check in with a guest at either hotel.

• 1 month later...

Hello there.

I've personally stayed at this hotel with my first stay in Bangkok in 2014. They've no problem with taking girls back whats so ever, had 2 girls stay the night one of the nights i was there. and I think jlo has hit the nail on the head

you are overthinking.

I have stayed here with no problems.

To remain discrete I used the side entrance from asok station and the first set of lifts.

This place was nice but personally wouldn't stay again for the extra cost you usually pay. I'm back at four points next time around. The no alcohol by the pool at GCP21 made it feel like I was on a health retreat. I prefer a beer to wash away my sins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk