need latest visa info urgent

brock_leznar

hi friends ,

will be flying with family to bkk next month ..

so just need to know its better to take the visa from the thai embassy from my country or to take it on arrival??

and have they started charging for the visas on arrival too? as last nov 09 my friend was saying it was free..

suggestions plz

As you don't say which country you're from, it's difficult to give accurate advice. Coming from the UK, I just get the stamp in my passport that states I'm a tourist and can stay up to 30 days, which is free on arrival. When I worked in Thailand I got a multiple entry visa for a year from the Thai embassy in London which cost £100 at the time (2008), which enabled me to get a work permit.

Free one month visa on arrival at the airport, else if you need to stay longer than one month, you apply to your local Thai consulate/embassy and ask for a multiple entry tourist visa. Depending if you are are heading elsewhere to Cambo/Viet/Laos/Burma/Malaysia, you are as well asking for the maximum of 3 entries. The Thai Govt has continued its free visa fee for now, but you need to pay a local consulate Admin fee of around £7 (per passport)

Free one month visa on arrival at the airport, else if you need to stay longer than one month, you apply to your local Thai consulate/embassy and ask for a multiple entry tourist visa. Depending if you are are heading elsewhere to Cambo/Viet/Laos/Burma/Malaysia, you are as well asking for the maximum of 3 entries. The Thai Govt has continued its free visa fee for now, but you need to pay a local consulate Admin fee of around £7 (per passport)

No disrespect intended, luvyoulongtime, but some of this information is out of date. The OP didn't say where he was from, but if he's from one of the visa-exempt nations (US, UK, Australia, Canada, and others), he can get a 30 day permission to stay on arrival. That's different from a visa-on-arrival. The visa-exempt entry isn't eligible for a 30-day extension like a visa is, for example. Also, tourist and transit visas aren't free right now, though there are indications that the ministry of foreign affairs will reinstate the free visa program at some unspecified point in the near future. Right now, tourist visas are roughly 1000 baht per entry (paid in local currency).

hi friends ,

will be flying with family to bkk next month ..

so just need to know its better to take the visa from the thai embassy from my country or to take it on arrival??

and have they started charging for the visas on arrival too? as last nov 09 my friend was saying it was free..

suggestions plz

Hi Brock !

Call the Thai Embassy in your country and they will tell you what kind of visa you need or if the visa is free. :D

Cheers :o

• 2 weeks later...