Anyone stayed on soi 11?

Booked a room at the Grand Swiss for late April and was wondering if the noise from the soi is audible from within the rooms. Are some rooms worse than others?

Although I like to be in a good spot, I do like to sleep too. It would be quite annoying if I could hear noise all night so thought I'd ask in case I need to find a different soi.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

I have not stayed there, but I can not imagine noise being a problem in such a newly renovated building and so early in the soi. You will likely get a room well above the ground, which removes you from most of the noise. Also, the first floors of the building complex facing soi 11 is occupied by the steak house and a different hotel (Double One), so the Grand Swiss has it´s entrance from a side soi, and is not directly on soi 11.

I have stayed at Double One, which is right next door and actually closer to the soi. Noise was not an issue.

Let us know after. I have noticed the Grand Swiss and it would be nice to get a review.

I stayed there in Nov 2014, stayed in a Grand Premier room, which were located at the ends of the hallway, it's an upgrade over the standard room king size bed and a lot more space.
This was straight after the renovations had been completed that took place that year in 2014.
All round it's a nice, clean hotel, good staff with decent breakfast buffet and pretty good WiFi throughout.
I wrote a review shortly after staying there for trip advisor which is here in case you wanted to know more about my experience at this hotel. 

I stayed at the Grand President and also the Grand Swiss hotels both on Sukhumvit Soi 11 and there was no problems with noise although those hotels are high rises. Staying on Soi 11 is one of the better spots to stay along with Nana as you are very close to the BTS Skytrain which gets you pretty much everywhere throughout Bangkok. 

Last time I was there I had James Bond staying in the next room.....All I heard was some lass screaming ROGER MORE all night....

Musta been me 555.

I stayed recently at Dream on Soi 15. Quiet soi but close to Asok station and Cowboy - 5 and 10 walk respectively. Great hotel for the price and excellent staff and brekkie.