Newbie looking for hotel advice

Welcome to the forum!

Check out Majestic Suite Hotel, 3 stars right by Soi 4, very close to Nana Plaza. Can´t beat the location. No, pool but they ley you use the one at Majestic Grande

Also have a look at City Lodge and Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2I have never stayed there, but I hear it's good location and value.

All are guest friendly. Look for deals, www.hotelscombined.com is good.

Have fun!

I stayed Dawin on Soi 4 last September and thought it was good. Modern room, friendly staff and great location. At the time price was 1500 baht a night.

But I was looking for a place for my next trip in March and noticed that the price had increased to 2400 baht a night which is pushing the limit for what it has to offer.

Ive stayed at legacy express on sukhumvit/ soi 1. cheap, clean, close to nana. There is a 7/11 downstairs super convenient.

Its like $35 us a night. no problems ever. stayed there 3 times now. 5 min walk to nana. 5 min walk to skytrain station.

• 2 months later...

I'm also very new ,can anyone tell me a solo traveler ,what's the difference between bangkok and pataya? I'm 2 years retired and looking for a buck to go a long way.not a cheap Charlie but just trying to be smart.

• Upvote 2

I'm also very new ,can anyone tell me a solo traveler ,what's the difference between bangkok and pataya? I'm 2 years retired and looking for a buck to go a long way.not a cheap Charlie but just trying to be smart.

In what terms are you looking to differentiate Bangkok and Pattaya?

In short, you'll find bars/clubs and girls at both places. Bangkok is a major city which means heavy traffic, Pattaya is like a small city feel like tourist destination, near the beach area. Both places have a lot of places to have fun at.

Browse this forum for info on Bangkok and browse pattaya-addicts for info on Pattaya.

For you, will suggest Pattaya. I have found bangkok a little expensive than Pattaya. Better suggestion will be to divide the trip 80-20 or 70-30. 80% in Pattaya and 20% Bangkok and get the feel of both places.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk