I normally stay in other hotels in Bangkok but recently I've been staying at the Nana hotel which has one of the better locations in Bangkok for both the mongering single guy or even couples. For some of you guys who have been around, the Nana was known for being worn down and the rooms got pretty beat up, that's what happens after 40 years. Well, the newly renovated Nana hotel has some really nice rooms and you can't beat the price at 1490 baht which includes a free drink at their bar and also an all you can eat breakfast buffet which is excellent.

That's less than $50 USD for everything you need and they now have free WIFI. A few years back they didn't have free WIFI so I didn't stay there much because of it but it doesn't matter if you have a good 4G Thai sim card as you can dongle a connection from that which is excellent.

The Nana hotel rooms themselves have been revamped with wide screen TVs and make sure you ask for a room facing Nana Plaza and/or the Skytrain. The link to the Nana hotel is here - http://www.nanahotel.co.th/

Here are some photos:

20130721_171217.jpg

20130721_171226.jpg

20130721_171236.jpg

20130722_003202.jpg

20130723_045519_LLS.jpg

20130723_124218.jpg

20130723_063630.jpg

Still the same room . What is renovated? The rooms are as old as most of the guest dying there

New Wide Screens, all bedding has been changed, new painting inside the rooms, new carpets (they used to smell horrible) and a few other small things I can't think of now. It makes the rooms more livable and at that price and location it's worth it. 

Trust me, before they were a lot worse by 10 times the factor. I remember about 15 years ago I checked in as it was the only place that had a room (I found out the hard way why) as it was New Year's Eve and I hadn't booked a room anywhere. Back then the room smelled of old dingy everything but I was stuck for 1 night. I remember thinking back then, never again until about 4-5 years ago a friend told me about the improvements so I gave them another go. It was a lot better.

I posted this as the Nana is perfect for guys on a budget and who want to be in the middle of the action. I normally stay at the Dynasty Grande up the street from there on Soi 6 myself at 2,200 baht a night, a solid 3-4 star with a gym, great pool and really nice rooms but no breakfast. Perfect for the business traveler, which is me in a nutshell. 

The Nana

Was always the emergency Hotel when we had a fast ball get together and no time to book before, I have stayed there a few times  like mentioned in Tequila post above they have made some improvements, not so much like a dungeon , I once had one of the rooms that face inwards to the other wall of the hotel grim to say the least.

And one time I stayed in one of the big rooms with a Jacuzzi, but did not dare use it looked like most of the jets had something blocking them ?? they have seen some Action I bet, have no idea if they still have them rooms.

But one thing we did like was chilling by the pool easy to order a few drinks and some food, sit there lads would come round , have good afternoon then shower and across the road.

I have been staying in Dynasty Inn across the Rd, think 1650, normal room out the back building, but just for a challenge I may stay the Nana for our New Years get together ,4 days I can handle that, and to be honest this will be a big session, like last year so just need a place to lay my head no matter what state I come back in.

And they have opened the club agene so if I fancy a change I can go there, re fraise that if I would like a change of venue ? if u get my drift

Edited by ANDY2463

From my understanding, you can book day to day at the Nana if that is what you mean. The only thing with that as you'll have to rebook each morning. Out of the 3 times I've stayed there the last couple years, I've always been able to get a room with a view. I would imagine a room facing a brick wall would be grim indeed. I'm lucky enough to always get the room I want. I know on the weekends they can get very busy though. Either way, you can't beat the location of the Nana really and the price is very reasonable too. 

The one problem for the Nana untill they revamped it was it was a specifically Arab Hotel. Then when the Nana Plaza was built and took off,the management realised that they just werent going to get lots of Farangs in and booted all the Arabs out. For me it still has that memory and I just wouldnt stay there. The one time I ate there I was served by a very surly and bad tempered Katoey. I pissed him off even more by not leaving a tip!

• 1 year later...

March 2017 and I have been here 4 days leaving today for Pattaya. The Hotel is old and a bit run down in a Deluxe room it is a very big room overlooking pool on the 5th floor. The room is clean big bed on the hard side but comfortable bathroom old fashioned but plenty of soap 4 large towels 3 hand towels. Breakfast is very reasonable and for the price I paid well worth it. Reports say it is bug infested but in 4 day's I have seen 1 in the public area which is not bad in any hotel.

As they say location location location you just can't get any better for Nana Plaza area.

Sadly I would say it's future is limited lots of building going on in the area and it does not use it's footprint well I believe it will be bought knocked down and a new 20+ floor hotel built.

Would I stay again the answer is yes!

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...

Personally, I prefer the majestic grand.  I know it is a little pricier than most hotels in Bangkok but I usually get if for around $75/night and it is as nice as a Marriott or Hilton in the US.  Last visit I did stay around the corner at a hotel above a clothing store which cost about $30 but for me it wasnt worth it.  If I am on holiday I want to feel Im on holiday.

• 3 weeks later...

I stayed here back when I was a newbie. Would never consider this dump again. I can't believe people stay here when there are a multitude of classy new hotels in the Sukhumvit area today. Okay they aren't as cheap or as accessible to NEP but for a 2-week vacationer a slightly higher priced hotel is well worth it to pamper your lady of the night

Plus the hotel is full of mongers, who wants that! :lol: