Review- Rib Room and Bar at the Landmark Hotel

Quick review of the Rib Room and Bar at the Landmark Hotel for anyone interested:

The restaurant is located on the top of the Landmark hotel.  There are two lifts that access the the place from the lobby.

• Very nice restaurant, though be aware its not too cheap.
  • Great views as you would expect from the top floor, you can look right down into nana lol!
  • Wine list is comprehensive with bottles on there for over 500k! lol

I had the risotto and scallops to start, then the surf and turf for the main ( you have order the side dishes separate, which was vegetables and potato gratin.

The girl I was with had the lamb bolognese.

We had one bottle of Chilean Red, and some bottle of water.

Would definitely recommend the place if you want to treat yourself. I would say the steak there was better than Gachos where I normally go at Terminal 21.

Service excellent.

Total price: 8300THB

RR&B copy.jpg

thanks for the review.  I went there once a few years back and thought it was overpriced.  I treated a BKK based friend and we each got the Ribeye, which was not very good.  Wine was ok, but not great value.  

Where is the best steak in BKK?   I live in NYC, so I eat plenty of steak here, but would like to know of a place in BKK as well.  I think the best steak I had in BKK so far was actually at Check Inn 99.  Decent Filet, cheap wine, good sides.  Very reasonable, but certainly not "classy", more BKK old school.  

thanks for the review.  I went there once a few years back and thought it was overpriced.  I treated a BKK based friend and we each got the Ribeye, which was not very good.  Wine was ok, but not great value.  

Where is the best steak in BKK?   I live in NYC, so I eat plenty of steak here, but would like to know of a place in BKK as well.  I think the best steak I had in BKK so far was actually at Check Inn 99.  Decent Filet, cheap wine, good sides.  Very reasonable, but certainly not "classy", more BKK old school.  

To be honest, I thought it was the best steak that I have had in a long time.

A cheaper (not by much) option is the El Gacho steak houses, which is where I normally go.

There is one under Terminal 21 at Asoke, just as you enter soi 21

The second smaller one has recently opened on soi 11.

Photo below is a steak from there:

IMG_1858.JPG