How well does T-Mobile work out there?

If you haven't already done so, register on the sister forum Pattaya Addicts, then go read this thread: http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/233012-t-mobile-simple-choice-plan-usa/?hl=tmobile&do=findComment&comment=2696440

Generally positive reports from the members who've used it in Thailand, good signal in Bangkok and Pattaya, only downside is slow data speeds.

It works just fine. Takes a minute or two to register once you land in LOS but after that you are good to go.

Data is listed to be 256kbs but I regularly found it to be above that speed. Faster than Edge and normally 3G or faster.

I got better speeds on my Android devices than I did on the IOS phones. That could be due to the prevalent bands used in the LOS radios.

Enjoy.

If you haven't already done so, register on the sister forum Pattaya Addicts, then go read this thread: http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/233012-t-mobile-simple-choice-plan-usa/?hl=tmobile&do=findComment&comment=2696440

Generally positive reports from the members who've used it in Thailand, good signal in Bangkok and Pattaya, only downside is slow data speeds.

I have not yet but I've been thinking about it lately. Seems like a lot of the good quality posts are over there. 

It works just fine. Takes a minute or two to register once you land in LOS but after that you are good to go.

Data is listed to be 256kbs but I regularly found it to be above that speed. Faster than Edge and normally 3G or faster.

I got better speeds on my Android devices than I did on the IOS phones. That could be due to the prevalent bands used in the LOS radios.

Enjoy.

Very good to know, I was a little worried but knowing that saves me from having to buy a burner phone. 

I only used my T-Mobile phone for "talk" and "text" in Bangkok and Chiang Mai and the signal is very good. Signal probably better than in the states because you are using Thai networks with better signal coverage or at least better than what I have in the states.  I use a cheap phone with Thai SIM card for all in-country calls.

I only used my T-Mobile phone for "talk" and "text" in Bangkok and Chiang Mai and the signal is very good. Signal probably better than in the states because you are using Thai networks with better signal coverage or at least better than what I have in the states.  I use a cheap phone with Thai SIM card for all in-country calls.

Awesome thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I took over a UK T-mobile sim last time i went, just used it for phonecalls as i found a lot of the places i went to had free wifi.

It's costly though, I'm personally taking the same sim but also considering getting a Thai sim while i am there.

i think it was something stupid like £1 or £1.50 a minute if your phoning home, i ended up using skype over the wifi

• 2 weeks later...

I took over a UK T-mobile sim last time i went, just used it for phonecalls as i found a lot of the places i went to had free wifi.

It's costly though, I'm personally taking the same sim but also considering getting a Thai sim while i am there.

i think it was something stupid like £1 or £1.50 a minute if your phoning home, i ended up using skype over the wifi

The international plans for T-Mobile in the states are very reasonable. I think it was .20 cents a minute to call home. The unlimited international data is the real winner in this.

• 2 years later...