Seven Seas Seafood Restaurant on Soi 4 closed?

I've been planing my 1st trip to BKK for a while now, and plan on staying somewhere on or near Soi4. I'm a seafood junkie so was excited to try this place out when I got there, but looks like I missed it. According to their website http://www.sevenseasbangkok.com/ it is now closed. Anyone have any info on what's going to move in there?

Also, what are some good, relativity cheap places to get seafood on or near Soi 4? Or anywhere around Sukhumvit for that matter. I keep hearing Swan Bar has decent seafood, but other than that I dunno.

Thanks,

Sulla

They are going to put a Hilton hotel there. Had an apartment in Habito just behind the restaurant that was great but had to move out due to the redevelopment.

Cheers,

Mark

Opposite the beer garden on Soi 7 used to be some really good seafood stalls (hopefully still there). The one run by the tall katoey and his cute sister used to be the best, but they've moved on. I've tried a couple of the other stalls and I've yet to have a bad meal there.

Tuk tuk drivers will normally recommend a seafood restaurant. Avoid these at all costs. My first night ever in bkk I fell for that one. 4,000 baht for a meal for one that was truly awful. I chalked that up to experience.

They are going to put a Hilton hotel there. Had an apartment in Habito just behind the restaurant that was great but had to move out due to the redevelopment.

Cheers,

Mark

Wow. Sounds like there might be some major construction going on there for a while. Thanks for the info. ;)

Opposite the beer garden on Soi 7 used to be some really good seafood stalls (hopefully still there). The one run by the tall katoey and his cute sister used to be the best, but they've moved on. I've tried a couple of the other stalls and I've yet to have a bad meal there.

Tuk tuk drivers will normally recommend a seafood restaurant. Avoid these at all costs. My first night ever in bkk I fell for that one. 4,000 baht for a meal for one that was truly awful. I chalked that up to experience.

4,000 baht for a meal for one? Wow, I thought the food was relatively cheap in Thailand compared to western standards. Like I said, I haven't been yet but plan on going next year. Thanks For recommending soi 7, I'll make sure to check it out while I'm there. I could eat seafood everyday!

Food in Thailand is cheap and fresh and IMO one of the best places in the world for food.

I paid 4,000 baht because I was a noob and I got scammed.

The other place you can pay higher than Western prices is the seafood markets on Soi 24. Go for the experience if you like, but don't expect value for money.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news guys but that row of restaurants on Soi 7 opposite Beer garden have been gone for more than a year now as the site is being redeveloped. If you like inexpensive Thai food try the little place on the corner of Soi 3. Definitely not fancy but the food is awesome and cheap. I eat there regularly when I want good Thai or Issan food. My Thai missus is a chef quality cook and she gives the food the thumb up.

The photo is her version of fresh prawn and salad spring rolls with chili sauce (of course)

033.JPG

• 3 months later...

corner of soi 3! this restaurant is in one of the most disgusting locations possible. large drains that always stink and often that corner is flooded after rain and bags of garbage busted open with rats infesting them. you see them as you walk past to get to 7/11. tuk tuks on the corner reving engines spluttering exhaust. maybe the food tastes good but I wouldn't sit there and be able to enjoy and eat a meal.

Now that 7seas is gone and soi 7 stalls are long gone, I really wish someone could find a good clean seafood place with reasonable prices. Ive often ended up at lovescene in soi 23 but their seafood menu is very limited and prices reflect the prime location