What other areas to stay in aside from Sukhumvit and Patpong?

I would like to try stay either by the river or in Ratchada next time but am having trouble trying to find a sutiable hotel (which is GF obviously). Anyone ever stayed in these areas? Essentially I want to not be staying right in the middle of all the nightlife. Leaning towards Ratchada as it's near some soapies which I don't mind.

I found 1 site BKK guest friendly hotels but not sure how up to date it is. One they suggested was the Emerald Hotel and on emailing them they confirmed a 500bt charge for a joiner. I've emailed a few others too. The Mini Hotel, Palazzo Bangkok, Hip-Bangkok and Cha Da hotel.  

Does anyone have any experience with these hotels or others in the area? How about by Riverside or some other areas?

Thanks

Ratchada/huai khwang is literally in the middle of soapy central, so technically you're still in the centre of the "night life".

I've stayed here a few times, mostly budget places for only a few days each time and I found the level of english speakers drop dramatically once you leave sukhumvit/tourist-centric areas. Are you 100% set on being away from the nightlife?

Hi Skepti,

Yes i'm sure. Im not far by MRT but away from Sukh. Personally whilst I like how close Sukh is to the action it's seedy as hell and so I want to try stay elsewhere. I stayed not far from Suthissan once, literally opposite Posidedon but I was with a girl so didn't need to worry about if the hotel was girl friendly or now. I quite like Huay Kwang area, lots of street food stalls and a nice market too in the evenings.

THe other place i'm looking at is the Grande Centre Point Ratchadamri Siam. Have dropped them a mail but Ratchada is my preference.

If you are considering riverside, I have stayed at lebua at State Tower and Centre Point Silom. Both are nice, have good breakfasts included with the right reservation and are definitely GF. lebua is a step above Centre Point in condition but also in price. You should be able to find both on sale if you have the time to look. I go to lebua every couple of years for a few nights.

Screenshot j.jpg

• Upvote 1

I've stayed at the Marriott Bkk resort, which is riverside. You need to get the (free) ferry to and from the skytrain station which is on the other side of the river. Quiet and relaxing place to stay. I honestly can't say for sure if it is guest-friendly.

Just googled it, it's now known as the Anantara Resort. I couldn't find out definitively if it is guest friendly or not.