Is Jaywalking illegal in Bangkok?

Hi,

I've been looking at some Street views on Google around BTs nana and notice there aren't many crossing points to get from one side to the other. Saw an over bridge which allows you to cross.

Are you allowed to cross anywhere or only at certain places like the bridge?

I assume you mean crossing sukhumvit road. You can cross on several bridges, there's usually one every few hundred meters and you can cross at the bts station also.

There's a fence separating the 2 sides and signs saying jaywalking has a 200b fine.

I assume you mean crossing sukhumvit road. You can cross on several bridges, there's usually one every few hundred meters and you can cross at the bts station also.

There's a fence separating the 2 sides and signs saying jaywalking has a 200b fine.

Thanks for the info skepti10, yeah meant Sukhumvit road

Yes it is on Sukhumvit and it carries a fine if you are caught. Needless to say the locals appear to disregard this without any penalty but tourists will be targeted and expected to pay up. That said there are plenty of crossing points

Yes it is on Sukhumvit and it carries a fine if you are caught. Needless to say the locals appear to disregard this without any penalty but tourists will be targeted and expected to pay up. That said there are plenty of crossing points

About three weeks ago I jaywalked across Asoke Rd right in front of a police motorcycle. he didn't say anything. your mileage may vary though