Hotels ?

I'll be in Bk early Feb 15, been a few times before but always with G/F in tow from blighty, this time however I have 10 days on my own, I'm not I in my prime anymore (60) (Where did the time go)? (groan) but can still manage it every day or two.

I'm looking for a quality hotel that's 'Girl Friendly' I've looked at 'Dream' and 'Majestic' which take my fancy (Not sure about the blue under bed lighting at 'Dream')!

I have usually stayed at 'Nai Lert Park Swiss hotel' Wireless rd, lovely rooms, Fab pool area, BUT not really the place to take a 'Pretty young thing'

So it's over you you knowledgeable chaps, advise on Sukumvit hotels please, don't really want to spend more than £70.00 per night.

Finally, when I book should I put 1 or 2 occupants.

Thanks

kJ

Welcome to the board.

Not stayed at majestic so can comment, but its in a great location.

Landmark Hotel is decent hotel and in a great location (near majestic) on Suk Rd just around the corner from soi 4 and all the action, and just a few steps from BTS stop at Nana. You can get rooms for about 3k a night (60 quid-ish).

Cheaper alternative you might want to have a look at is the Dawin hotel which is down Soi 4, got a pool and nice little cafe, but the rooms are quite small.  Not sure on the price now but maybe around 1700-2000?

Other options you may want to have a look are the Dynasty Grand and Aloft (on Soi 11- so a bit of a trek from the P4P action)

Edited by Scuttler

Look at the Raddison Hotel great hotel 4 Star if you book on here you can get the one bedroom suite for 54 pounds a night  http://www.booking.com/hotel/th/in-residence-bangkok-sukhumvit.en-gb.html?sid=1e76e8c853c008a10bc11663a3e08b39;dcid=4;checkin=2015-02-04;checkout=2015-02-14;ucfs=1;highlighted_facilites=96,104,3,11;pr=30,70;pr_cur_code=GBP;srfid=ea9533b16332ddb9d7a9c49a2816e115da22b1cfX37;highlight_room=33609901

And its girl friendly, they love it there the swimming pool on the roof is salt water and the jacuzzi always fun to take a girl up there at night lol.

Almost every hotel in the SC/Nana area is guest friendly. Personally, I would recommend picking a place as close as possible - ie, walking distance with lady. That way, no need for taxi cheats or tuk tuks or any nonsense.

If you're looking at the higher end of the baht, Majestic Suites ($70us), and Landmark ($100us) are good for Nana. Both are an easy walk. Don't have to worry about tuk tuks and such.

For Soi Cowboy, The Continent and Grande Sukhumvit are both very nice, about $100us. Sukhumvit Suites and Jasmine City are overpriced for what you get, in my opinion.

And in between SC and Nana, of course, you have Sofitel, Sheraton, etc... but that might be a bit of a walk with a lady.

Edited by buttdart

Look at the Raddison Hotel great hotel 4 Star if you book on here you can get the one bedroom suite for 54 pounds a night  http://www.booking.com/hotel/th/in-residence-bangkok-sukhumvit.en-gb.html?sid=1e76e8c853c008a10bc11663a3e08b39;dcid=4;checkin=2015-02-04;checkout=2015-02-14;ucfs=1;highlighted_facilites=96,104,3,11;pr=30,70;pr_cur_code=GBP;srfid=ea9533b16332ddb9d7a9c49a2816e115da22b1cfX37;highlight_room=33609901

And its girl friendly, they love it there the swimming pool on the roof is salt water and the jacuzzi always fun to take a girl up there at night lol.

Thanks for the tip Ryan

Almost every hotel in the SC/Nana area is guest friendly. Personally, I would recommend picking a place as close as possible - ie, walking distance with lady. That way, no need for taxi cheats or tuk tuks or any nonsense.

If you're looking at the higher end of the baht, Majestic Suites ($70us), and Landmark ($100us) are good for Nana. Both are an easy walk. Don't have to worry about tuk tuks and such.

For Soi Cowboy, The Continent and Grande Sukhumvit are both very nice, about $100us. Sukhumvit Suites and Jasmine City are overpriced for what you get, in my opinion.

And in between SC and Nana, of course, you have Sofitel, Sheraton, etc... but that might be a bit of a walk with a lady.

Hey,

Thanks for the reply and your suggestions, Noted..

Hi Again Ryan, You are a knowledgeable chap, I'll have a look at it .

Be Well

anything on Soi 11 would be decent as well.  President Palace, Grand President, Aloft, Citadines, etc

if you have any questions about "guest friendly", just e-mail the hotel directly and they will respond.

no need to overpay, but I do think it is worth the money to have a decent pool and gym  I prefer the President Palace on Soi 11.  If you e-mail them directly, you can usually get a better rate than Agoda, booking.com, etc

have a great trip

I stayed in the Dynasty Grande Hotel on Soi 6 when I was in Bangkok last year.  Nice room, recently renovated, with balcony overlooking swimming pool.  Medium price. Girl friendly.

Just a few minutes walk to Nana Plaza and not too far from the Nana BTS station.