Good Restaurants in Bangkok

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

http://www.gaiandjoel.com/

An Aussie friend of mine and his Thai wife. Man can he cook. Went there with a couple of mates for a late lunch last week. Asked him to cook what he thought best. We fook me, I have never had such a meal. Ravioli filled with lobster and crab was the starter through to Wagu beef that was like butter. Not cheap but bloody good food.

Cheers,

Mark

Just checked the menu, looks delicious, will definitely try it out next month when I'm in BKK!

690++ for an Executive set as described on their Menu sounds very in-expensive to me, its like a steal.

Here in Manila you cannot get even 1 Main course in a nice restaurant owned or run by a Westerner.

Thia Food

Over the years I have found there is really very little radiance in the quality and flavours of Thai food served by the roadside or in the big swish restaurants so unless you want Air conditioning ,table cloths , flunkys and mood music settle for somewhere on the street or with an open front with fans.

Another alternative is the food centres in shopping complexes and offices. One central paying point and use 2 or 3 different vendors.

Falang Food

Some of the "falang owned bars can be excellent value but you will find more of a differance in the styles of cooking between the "pub grub" and the high end haute cuisine restaurants and hotels..

and if you want fish speciality you could try the Fish market and restaurant on Sukumwit Soi 24

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am a big fan of the cajun food at Bourbon Street. The andouille sausage is to die for there BUT since it moved away from Washington square its a bit of a pain to get to...I mean you have to jump on the skytrain etc.

Anyway, thats my pick...or for Thai I hit the thai place on the corner of the square across from sunrise tacos near Soi 10.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

The best place I can recommend (for more high end food) is Le Table De Tee in Bangkok, near the Banyan Tree. It is a set menu about 5-6 dishes for 950b. I have been a few times now and loved it. It is Asian Fusion. You do have to book in advance.

The Indian Restaurant in Dream Hotel is also very good and really, really well priced for what we got. I think we paid 150b for 3 courses. I could not finish them all!

Other than I am a street food girl!

• 5 months later...

Somtum Der....

This is the least fancy place on this list of bistros and chic standalones.

But Somtum Der offers a rare combination: accessible, authentic northeastern Thai (Isaan) food at affordable prices, served with a bit of atmosphere.

The recipes are inspired by the fiery, less-sweet palate of Khon Khaen province, where the owners even spent a few weeks selling their wares at a local market as a test run with the public.