Alternative to CC market

Al B

CC is another name for JJ, based on the spelling of Chatuchak.  

JJ isn't the best place for clothes that would be Pratunam Market area.  One one side of the street is Platinum Fashion Mall which is three connected buildings that sell nothing but clothes, shoes and accessories.  If you cross the street that entire area is filled with smaller malls and good size outdoor markets to buy clothes.  The easiest way to get there is to take the BTS to Chit Lom walk to the Central World or Gaysorn exits.  From there you can either walk in the direction past Central World/Big C its is about 15 minute walk or take a taxi/moto/tuk tuk.  Also in this area is Pantip Plaza a very big electronics mall.  Alternatively you can also take the MRT to Petchaburi and take a taxi the rest of the way.

Some other places to check out:

MBK - can find everything here.

Union Mall - located across from Central Lad Prao, kind of like a smaller version of MBK.

Victory Monument - a couple malls surrounded by a market.

CC is another name for JJ, based on the spelling of Chatuchak.

JJ isn't the best place for clothes that would be Pratunam Market area. One one side of the street is Platinum Fashion Mall which is three connected buildings that sell nothing but clothes, shoes and accessories. If you cross the street that entire area is filled with smaller malls and good size outdoor markets to buy clothes. The easiest way to get there is to take the BTS to Chit Lom walk to the Central World or Gaysorn exits. From there you can either walk in the direction past Central World/Big C its is about 15 minute walk or take a taxi/moto/tuk tuk. Also in this area is Pantip Plaza a very big electronics mall. Alternatively you can also take the MRT to Petchaburi and take a taxi the rest of the way.

Interesting. I have never heard people call JJ market/Chatuchak as cc market until now. I will be in Thailand in 10 days. Let me see if I call it cc market, people will understand me or not.

Some other places to check out:

MBK - can find everything here.

Union Mall - located across from Central Lad Prao, kind of like a smaller version of MBK.

Victory Monument - a couple malls surrounded by a market.

Interesting. I have never heard people call JJ market/Chatuchak as cc market until now. You couldn't even find cc market in google or wikipedia. I will be in Thailand in 10 days. Let me see if I call it cc market, people will understand me or not.

Edited by wtko3888

I am not so sure your definition of "interesting" T-shirts. If you are looking for the T-shirts like "GOOD GUYS GO TO Heaven, BAD GUYS GO TO PATTAYA" or "addidogs", JJ market is the place. I am not so sure why you need alternatives except you only come to Bangkok for a few days and not during the weekends. If so, you could still find those T-shirts in Patpong night market and Sukhumvit road (the hawkers between soi 11 to nana). Just buy a few before you go to the gogo bars. I would not recommend you to go to Platinum Fashion Mall. They have more clothes for girls than guys. Even the clothes for guys, they are mainly the Thai/Japanese/Korean style fashion. If you are American, or Aussie wear T-shirts and cargo pants all the time, it is not the place for you. There is one shop sell a lots of Batman, Superman, and Spiderman T-shirts in Platinum. If you consider those are "interesting" T-shirts.

About the knuckle dusters, you could also find them in Patpong and Sukhumvit. When you go home, you need to be careful. It is considered as a weapon in some countries (For example, Singapore and Hong Kong). Even you are just taking your connecting flight in those counties, if the local customs find your knuckle dusters, you will be in trouble.

Interesting. I have never heard people call JJ market/Chatuchak as cc market until now. You couldn't even find cc market in google or wikipedia. I will be in Thailand in 10 days. Let me see if I call it cc market, people will understand me or not.

CC is more of a tourist thing than anything else.  You probably won't hear too many locals call it that.  

I am not so sure your definition of "interesting" T-shirts. If you are looking for the T-shirts like "GOOD GUYS GO TO HEAVEN, BAD GUYS GO TO PATTAYA" or "addidogs", JJ market is the place. I am not so sure why you need alternatives except you only come to Bangkok for a few days and not during the weekends. If so, you could still find those T-shirts in Patpong night market and Sukhumvit road (the hawkers between soi 11 to nana). Just buy a few before you go to the gogo bars. I would not recommend you to go to Platinum Fashion Mall. They have more clothes for girls than guys. Even the clothes for guys, they are mainly the Thai/Japanese/Korean style fashion. If you are American, or Aussie wear T-shirts and cargo pants all the time, it is not the place for you. There is one shop sell a lots of Batman, Superman, and Spiderman T-shirts in Platinum. If you consider those are "interesting" T-shirts.

About the knuckle dusters, you could also find them in Patpong and Sukhumvit. When you go home, you need to be careful. It is considered as a weapon in some countries (For example, Singapore and Hong Kong). Even you are just taking your connecting flight in those counties, if the local customs find your knuckle dusters, you will be in trouble.

Platinum is more geared towards females but they do have a decent selection of mens clothes just need to search for them.  But the Pratunam Market across the street has plenty of clothes for men and plenty of sizes for western men.  All of it is a fraction of the cost you will pay in JJ or Patpong.  I buy most of my clothes there when I am in town and I am regular jeans and tshirt kind of guy.

Platinum is more geared towards females but they do have a decent selection of mens clothes just need to search for them. But the Pratunam Market across the street has plenty of clothes for men and plenty of sizes for western men. All of it is a fraction of the cost you will pay in JJ or Patpong. I buy most of my clothes there when I am in town and I am regular jeans and tshirt kind of guy.

I was talking about those "interesting" T-shirts. Do you have a "Good Guy........Pattaya" or "addidogs" T-shirt? Did you buy it from across the Pratunam Market and how much you paid? I really don't think you could only paid a "fraction" because they are very cheap in JJ market or Patpong.

I was talking about those "interesting" T-shirts. Do you have a "Good Guy........Pattaya" or "addidogs" T-shirt? Did you buy it from across the Pratunam Market and how much you paid? I really don't think you could only paid a "fraction" because they are very cheap in JJ market or Patpong.

I have seen those types of shirts in that market yes, how much they are I couldn;t tell you.  But I can say shirts and pants that go for 300 baht in JJ, I have found for 100-150 in Pratunam.  To follow up on the Knuckle Dusters, be careful of the Thai authorities as well.  Even though they are sold in the streets you don't want to be caught with those or any weapon at one of the infamous late night check points that keep popping up.  Most cops probably won't give you too much trouble if you play the innocent tourist role, but some will look for a bribe and maybe more.  Your best bet is to buy them and put them right in your luggage.  I have seen tourists get in trouble for far less items that police considered weapons.

I have never heard tourist call it CC market neither. Tourist call it JJ market and Thai call it Chatuchak.

It is not common by any stretch but I have heard a few people on the BTS say it and have seen it in various forums/travel sites.  It has been my experience that most older Thais will call it Chatuchak while the younger Thais I know all call it JJ.  

I have seen those types of shirts in that market yes, how much they are I couldn;t tell you. But I can say shirts and pants that go for 300 baht in JJ, I have found for 100-150 in Pratunam. To follow up on the Knuckle Dusters, be careful of the Thai authorities as well. Even though they are sold in the streets you don't want to be caught with those or any weapon at one of the infamous late night check points that keep popping up. Most cops probably won't give you too much trouble if you play the innocent tourist role, but some will look for a bribe and maybe more. Your best bet is to buy them and put them right in your luggage. I have seen tourists get in trouble for far less items that police considered weapons.

I got this shirt In JJ for about 200 THB, according to what you said, it should be 70 to 100 in Pratunam , right? It is a unbelievable price! WOW! You really know where to get the best deal!????

image.jpg