Majestic Grande or President Palace

Looking for a 3 night stay and have checked the prices and can get them about the same. Never stayed at either. Have stayed at Majestic Suites but rooms average.

Thinking of Presidents Palace as I would not mind staying in Soi 11 among the action and the FL which tends to be my thing. Majestic Grande looks good and also near the action of Nana. 

Any thoughts or experiences would be grateful. 

I have stayed in the Club room at PP, which was very nice, club facilities are ok, good to grab some food and booze before your night out, breakfast pretty poor, Soi 11 obviously the best spot to to stay in Suk IMO.

Another vote for President Palace...also (if you care) the gym and pool are very nice.

finally, you can usually get a better rate from the hotel directly - not a visible one, but if you see a rate on Agoda, booking.com, etc -send a note to the hotel and they will give you a cheaper rate.

I will be back there for New Year's--can't wait!

• 2 months later...

I stayed at Majestic Geande and it was great for the super easy walk into Nana or picking up FL as the night ends there.

I am Intrigued though about Soo 11 as I didn't spend much time there at all and didn't know that is where the most FL are.

It was only my first trip and only 4 days in Bangkok. Next time I may try out PP instead.

• 10 months later...

Majestic Grande is the only hotel I have stayed at in Bangkok....They have no joiner fee and are right across the street from Annies.  It is also about a 10 minute walk to Lolitas and 5 minutes from Nana Plaza.  It is also very close to the BTS so it gives you access to the whole city.  The affordability is just icing on the cake expect about $60/night.

The hotel is clean and customer service it out of this world.  I never tried any other hotels because I had such a great time at the Majestic Grande.  Ive never eaten there but there are so many good food carts in the area it seems a waste to eat a $20 lunch when I can get a liter of Chang and a nice plate of food fore 100-200 Baht

There is also a mall with a bank at the end of the street if you need to use and ATM (I would only trust ATMs at a bank in Thailand)

• Upvote 1