Suite

I have stayed at Phachara, in a studio room, not a suite. They do have suites but the studios are large too. Everything in it was modern - the kitchen, the bathroom, TV/DVD player, furniture - everything. Although it is clearly a somewhat dated building as the hallways are not wide like a new building, the doors seem a little smaller, the moldings have an older design to them that does not quite fit the modern furnishings.

The kitchen had

• 3/4 sized fridge with freezer in top cabinet,
  • small appliances, such as microwave, coffee maker, toaster,
  • flatware, utensils, etc
  • washer/dryer for laundry

The bathroom was small, modern with shower. I had a good supply of hot water always. The living area had a comfy sofa and chair for visiting/drinking/watching movies on the large screen TV and DVD player. The bed was comfy and clean. There was not much view from my room.

Elsewhere, there is a small fitness centre and swimming pool on a middle floor. The fitness centre had some treadmills, bikes and some sort of weight training equipment. If there were any free weights, they were small and few. The pool is just outside of the fitness centre overlooking soi 6.

The restaurant downstairs had a breakfast that was included in my room. They had basic western fare as well as Thai and maybe some Japanese. Booking your room with breakfast, at about 300 baht extra per night, is a good value if you intend to feed your overnight guests. However, it is a small uninteresting buffet. If you like to have a better breakfast, or if you usually wake alone, or if you just like to sleep in and get your brekkie elsewhere, skip the included breakfast. I will return in September for a week and I intend to fill my fridge with fruits and other snacks for evening and mornings.

I like Phachara for the service, the room and the location, and I consider it to be a good value for a quality room.

• Upvote 2