Aspen Suites - my recent stay

I usually stay in the Dawin for my trips to BKK. Nice place and good value at around 1900-2000 per night with breakfast.

However, this visit (just 2 nights) I was persuaded by a friend to try Aspen Suites.

It is located on Sukhumvit Soi 2 which is the Soi adjacent to Soi Nana. It is however about the same walking time from NEP as the Dawin whcih is on Soi 4 itself.

I booked the Deluxe Room with breakfast at 1489 inc taxes on Agoda (prices vary depending on offers at the time).

I am VERY glad I did. This place is super quality, indeed I would rate it up with the Landmark which is 3x the price.

Room was excellent, pool was great! It has a pretty decent decent looking gym although I dont use them so I cannot comment too much on that. Best of all was the breakfast buffet which was as good as I have had in BKK and I have always rated Landmarks breakfast buffet as the best I have experienced personally.

Having reviewed countless hotels in Pattaya and Bangkok I think I can safely say this is the best value for money I have experienced.

OK, in reality it is NOT the Landmark - but at 33% of the price, and with BIGGER rooms, the value and standards are really quite awesome

No pics but plenty on the Agoda Page (even if you dont book with them).

On an extra note - a small tip.

Right opposite the hotel entrance there is a small Turkish restaurant. It was wonderful. I am a bit of a fan of Turkish food but even if you are not it is well worth a try.

I usually stay in the Dawin for my trips to BKK. Nice place and good value at around 1900-2000 per night with breakfast.

However, this visit (just 2 nights) I was persuaded by a friend to try Aspen Suites.

It is located on Sukhumvit Soi 2 which is the Soi adjacent to Soi Nana. It is however about the same walking time from NEP as the Dawin whcih is on Soi 4 itself.

I booked the Deluxe Room with breakfast at 1489 inc taxes on Agoda (prices vary depending on offers at the time).

I am VERY glad I did. This place is super quality, indeed I would rate it up with the Landmark which is 3x the price.

Room was excellent, pool was great! It has a pretty decent decent looking gym although I dont use them so I cannot comment too much on that. Best of all was the breakfast buffet which was as good as I have had in BKK and I have always rated Landmarks breakfast buffet as the best I have experienced personally.

Having reviewed countless hotels in Pattaya and Bangkok I think I can safely say this is the best value for money I have experienced.

OK, in reality it is NOT the Landmark - but at 33% of the price, and with BIGGER rooms, the value and standards are really quite awesome

No pics but plenty on the Agoda Page (even if you dont book with them).

On an extra note - a small tip.

Right opposite the hotel entrance there is a small Turkish restaurant. It was wonderful. I am a bit of a fan of Turkish food but even if you are not it is well worth a try.

free wifi in room ? and good connection ?

• 3 years later...

This is my July 2017 review of the Aspen Suites

Room Type: Suite Single Room

Duration: 3 day

Cost: 1450 baht per day (via Elvoline.com)

Would I return:  Maybe?

The Good:

Has a workable gym

Good beds

Clean

Good wifi

Girlfriendly

Large room

Room safe

The Bad:

Long distance to the main road

Normally expensive 2100baht

The review

I had seen this listed on a lot of girlfriendly lists (bargirlfriendlyhotels.com seems to one of the best) and on the forums too but nothing recent with the last posts dated 2014. The list sites I pretty much bs too as they keep “updating the sites with 2017 update and are the same shit written copy and pasted so many times over.  With this in mind I booked this for three days.

So I arrived at the hotel at about 10.15am after getting my sim exchanging money and other shit you do when you first get to Thailand. Before I arrived (I booked my room when about 3 months or so before online when I saw then discounted room rate) I had requested an early check in king bed I completely understand that these were requests and no guarantees.

I was fully prepared to wait till 2pm but when I got back the hotel after lunch and an extensive survey of the land at 2.15pm I was told rooms still not ready. I now drenched in sweat and tired as a mother fucker I say my sweaty ass down in the lobby to wait. (I wrote my trip report while I waited http://www.bangkok-addicts.com/forum/topic/7141-my-three-day-trip-report-17th-july-2017/ )

When I finally got my room it was like 3.15pm or so I was pleasantly surprised that even aged the hotel was in pretty good shape.

The gym is okay better then most I’d say there was a bench press dumbbells and a few other machines still shit but better then most if you really want to work out. The pool was okay they can say they have a pool but its tiny and more a kid paddling pool then anything else.  The kitchen not really a kitchen my room had kettle and a microwave no stove but I did have the cheapest suite they offered. The wifi was good 16mbs down and 6.5mbs up there was router in the rooms so signal strength was never a problem. The view from my window was pretty good to see pics. Never used the restaurant so can’t say if it’s any good. The security was ok when I brought a girl from Thermae back they checked ID and wrote it in book. (Although no call when she left)

Location in bargirlfriendlyhotels.com review he says that its 500meters from nana it’s not it’s more like 800meters and the free tuk tuks are where never around when I wanted to go out or I was told that I’d have to wait 10mins (which was how long the walk was) Thermae is about 1.5km away so depending on the girl you pick up might have to taxi it back just something to keep in mind when getting a freelancer.  Soi Cowboy is 2km away and take about 20mins to walk. Sukumvite 24 where I usually go for my massages girls is about 3km away and takes about 35mins to walk.  The nearest shops are 500meter at the shopping centre but if that’s closed the nearest 711 is on the main road 800meters away. For money exchange Vasu Exchange is on the main road about 1km from the hotel about a 15min walk.

I like walking but you can easily get a bike to take you up and down the road for 20 -40baht.

Conclusion

Not as close as I would like but acceptable to the entertainment shops and train lines. It’s acceptable if you pay the 1450baht I did but not worth the 2100baht normal price I see now.

Good three star hotel that has been maintained just a little far from the action

post-32169-0-29402000-1502887263_thumb.jpg

post-32169-0-24400100-1502887268_thumb.jpg

post-32169-0-31404000-1502887272_thumb.jpg

post-32169-0-94149500-1502887276_thumb.jpg

post-32169-0-76103700-1502887285_thumb.jpg

post-32169-0-34277600-1502887292_thumb.jpg

post-32169-0-32422500-1502887328_thumb.jpg

post-32169-0-63372500-1502887344_thumb.jpg

post-32169-0-53038700-1502887357_thumb.jpg