Visa Run by Air

simplelife

I think I'd rather just spend the extra money to avoid being cooped up in a bus for 10+ hours, even if it means having a longer stopover in another country. If anyone else has done this, what flights do you recommend? 

I think I'd rather just spend the extra money to avoid being cooped up in a bus for 10+ hours, even if it means having a longer stopover in another country. If anyone else has done this, what flights do you recommend? 

10+ hours?  Where are you getting this from?  It takes about 3 hours to get to Poipet from BKK.  Granted, if you count the coming and going you spend about 6 hours in the minivan.  However, since it's broken up, it's really not that bad. 

You said you plan to come here for 6 months to a year, if I remember correctly.  Therefore, I suggest you get a visa before you leave your home country.  Depending on your visa, you'll either get 90 days on arrival or you'll get 60 days and can extend it 30 days at immigration. 

Of course, you can always fly out to another country for your visa run.  It's up to you, as they say here.

• Upvote 1

Jetstar Asia to Singapore. The Thai Embassy is just a few blocks from Orchard Towers. Submit your application in the morning and pick up the next afternoon.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I find Cambodia is a good flight option and prices can be pretty cheap if you book in advance. Granted you do need to buy a visa on arrival, but it's a short flight and if you stick around for at least a few days (or longer) it's definitely worthwhile!