Experiences with the Thai Post Office

In the US one of my main ways of buying new things was online, mainly eBay.  I know I won't be able to buy a lot of things from my old sources due to shipping costs and restrictions, but there are other items from China that I probably still could order online.

question is how convenient and reliable the Thai post office is. I hear some countries have horrible postal carriers, constantly losing packages or mishandling the mail in other ways.  

For anyone who's received mail in Thailand, especially packages, how has the local post office treated you?  And was it okay to have the addressing in English, or did it cause problems?

I've had more than a dozen packages sent from the US and never had a single problem. I even had two boxes each with 4 iPhones sent and they arrived safely.

Writing in English is fine, but be sure you have all elements of your address included. Some forms only have space for city and street but you may need kwang (sub district) and ket (district) listed as well.

• Upvote 1

I have had many packages sent from and to Thailand and they have always arrived. When you send from Thailand, do it with EMS. I think thats the default anyway. You do you can track the package shere:

track.thailandpost.co.th/trackinternet/Default.aspx?lang=en

As soon as the arriving package has passed customs you can likewise track it there until its at your door step.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

its kind of strange when I mail  post cards back to the US I would have the front desk at the hotel mail it for me it always got to the person I sent to.

I went to the post office one  time with a post card and it was never delivered very strange I thought. so I haven't mailed any post cards from the post office since  

• Upvote 1

Never had any problems mailing packages from Thailand and all of them arrived, and pretty quickly too. Prices are also good! The only problem I've ever experienced is mailing postcards from the airport, go figure...

• Upvote 1

Had 5 coach purses sent from the US in a standard flat rate box. Arrived yesterday no fuss, no problem.

Send different meds back home periodically and had one package searched by customs but nothing taken.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...