The Fusion Suites Bangkok

Hi all,

A couple of mates and I are going down to BKK in end May and we've booked rooms at Fusion Suites, which is a stone's throw away from Soi Cowboy. Has anyone stayed here? From pictures, the hotel looks amazing, and the reviews aren't that bad either. But it would be good to get feedback from someone who has stayed here before.

Cheers.

• Upvote 2

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...
This is my August 2017 review of The Fusion Suites

Room Type: Suite Single Room

Duration: 3 day (one day Superior room and 2 days in deluxe room)

Cost: 1300baht per day Superior room (via agoda) 

1500baht for deluxe suite

Would I return:  Nope

The Good:

Price

Girlfriendly

Room safe

Close to Soi Cowboy

Bar/food on site

Early check in

The Bad:

Not maintained and falling apart

Shit wifi on higher floors

Cost saving bull shit (explained in the review)

No security

No gym or pool

Crappy housekeeping had to call front desk to get room made up

The Review

This was one of the biggest disappointments of my whole trip following the reviews from the online sites that now I believe are really just listing popular places to get the Agoda referral money. The review I read was from 2013 (bargirlfriendlyhotels) and other listed as being quite nice to stay. I might be wrong but it might have been built in 2010 only 7 years ago.

I had just finished a two night stay at the “majestic suites” (review coming soon) this had a good location for nana but I found that I had a preference for the freelancers at Thermae and this one being a little closer and having shit wifi at Majestic Suites a change of location was in order.

I needed to book a hotel that I would return too in a few days as I was going to changi mi for 3 days and wanted to leave my suit case, hence why I returned to this hotel.

The first night with early check-in (12.30pm) was in a Superior room and batman would fucking love this room. The room is poorly lit and it’s by design (likely done to hide the mold water leaks and other rundown features of the room). As online review on trip adviser say on the cheaper rooms the windows are covered with a pictures of forest. People write that they can’t understand why and I checked this out and it’s easy to understand. The rooms face a busy carpark and nobody wants to see your naked ass walking around the room. (This wasn’t a problem as I was going to sleep most of the day and have fun at night so it could be a plus or a minus) 

Wifi was about 5mb down and 1mb up just enough to watch youtube at 480p. I did notice that as a cost cutting measure some lights were disabled wire cut so they didn’t turn on tubes removed behind the mirrors so they didn’t have the back lighting. Exposed wires, mould and water damage but its cheap and can overlook it as this happens in old hotels in asia.Location is ok but and really the only this this hotel has going for it, 20min (1.5km) walk to nana 5min walk to Cowboy (500meters) 25min (2km) from Sukhumvit 24 massage area.

My first complaint was the bed while being a good size a king the base was broken near the bottom. So if one was fucking on the edge it would have squeaked like an old rocking horse in need of oil. My only other was the lack of security yes its girl friendly but the door is just left wide open and the dude that is meant to be manning the desk was always asleep. He was also not a security guard just a normal worker. 

After my first night I thought this was a passable place to stay as I had already book two nights more when I came back from my trip. Sure it was dark and you could fuck on the other side of the bed to get around the broken part and the lack of security I could make do I watch mma if there was any trouble I would just superman punch all the things.

My return, I booked a slightly better room (deluxe) for my return as I would be there for two nights. The room was bigger the bed wasn’t broken there was a real window with real light unfortunately the wifi only worked when you stood next the door as the routers on my floor had been reset and staff didn’t know how to fix it. Still if this was my only complaint this would have been fine but it wasn’t. 

Apparently above my room was a room with a Jacuzzi and when it was used the water dripped into my bath room it covered the floor the toilet with used hot tub water. Looking at the roof this wasn’t new either there was evident existing water damage. Upon complaining I was told that they would ask the guy above me to stop using the hot tub and would clean the water I said fuck that I’d like a new room (although in a more calm manner) they told me that all rooms full and they could fix it for me tomorrow.  I had to ask for a refund when a room magically became available on a lower floor but with a balcony still with shit wifi though. 

Conclusion TLDR

Cheapish but for what you get not worth it. Place is falling apart bad retrofitted add ons like shower screens in the baths where water can’t drain. Not clean mould and exposed wires (flicking lights) and broken or badly maintained equipment leaking roof. Aircon gets shut off at midnight and you have to turn it on high to get it working again. Luggage storage is only free if you book another day with the hotel on pick up day. Avoid this hotel. (sorry about the blurry pics but they're all I got)

post-32169-0-40828900-1503045782_thumb.jpg

post-32169-0-76446400-1503045801_thumb.jpg

post-32169-0-00487300-1503045833_thumb.jpg

post-32169-0-75297600-1503045847_thumb.jpg

post-32169-0-93029200-1503045903_thumb.jpg

post-32169-0-70801000-1503045920_thumb.jpg

post-32169-0-23820400-1503045938_thumb.jpg

post-32169-0-47296600-1503045960_thumb.jpg

post-32169-0-99835700-1503045972_thumb.jpg

post-32169-0-81272300-1503046004_thumb.jpg