Okura Prestige New Choice in 5* /Feedback or Reports?

My first posting on the Addicts Posting, I was a BKKTonite user for a long time but wasn't that surprised to recently see that it's frozen in April 2013.

I'm a 5* habituate during my trips to Bangkok. I pay my own way so discounts are critical to my enjoyment. I'll shop hard to enjoy the most competitive 5* market on the planet. So....any feedback on the Okura Prestige? I see it as low as $151 on Orbitz, the current sweet spot band is between $ 125-175 with only a few above $200.

• 3 weeks later...

Responding to my own post... hmmm am I beating off again?

Stayed 3 nights Okura Prestige, Club Floor. With direct access to Ploenchit BTS you cant beat the location Easy walk to Nana area, Bumrungrad, or embassies Very nice room, large and well furnished. Bed linens were superb. Club lounge was okay, didn't use much since breakfast can be at either downstairs restaurants. The Japanese breakfast at Yamazato was very good. Ate at both Elements and Up and Away for dinner. Elements is aspiring a bit above it's capacity, ambitious dishes with more eye appeal than palate. U&A was just as good for a lot less money, very good service both venues. If you want to spend this much dough for an ambitious dinner the bistro at Hansar is still the best I've had in BKK

(BTW, if you eat at Okura and you enjoy red wine the Priorat '06 was the best "by the glass" red I've had in this town. )

This is a real 5* in terms of fit and finish, attention to details, and service. Gym is a little weak and I didn't bring any girls back with me so I cant attest to it's GF quality. I saw some elevator couples but since this is a Japanese hotel I couldn't really distinguish if they were freshly minted couples or actually couples couples.

• Upvote 1

... and I didn't bring any girls back with me so I cant attest to it's GF quality.

Earlier this year I sent an email to the hotel an got this reply:

- Do you have a special policy for joining guests?

- There’s no additional charge for a visitor at night.