Siam Legal

buttdart

Anyone use Siam Legal for 1-year multiple entry visa? They claim they take care of all paperwork for about 15,000THB + 6,000THB Embassy fee.

I found some language schools that do ed visas but it's just as expensive.  Seems this would be a more hassle-free way.  Anyone have experience?

What type of visa are they getting you for one year? After you have the visa you can apply for a multiple re-entry permit for something like 5k at immigration without their help. Are you sure they aren't just offering to do that portion for you?

I have a friend who used Siam Legal for his wife and children who go to school here. They charged him about 30k and the wife still had to fill out all the paperwork and go to immigration with their 'helper'. He wasn't thrilled but didn't know how to do it himself.

I got my triple entry converted to a Non B for learning Thai (good for 90 days) and a 1 year (no need to leave every 90 days) visa extension for a total of 15 months and I didn't need to leave Thailand to get it converted or do visa runs, just 90 day reporting. This is done like a University student... Not a risk everyone wants and costs 30-35k (also got a proof of residency paper for my 5 year Thai drivers license) but it sure beats the visa runs which I was getting tired of

Anyone use Siam Legal for 1-year multiple entry visa? They claim they take care of all paperwork for about 15,000THB + 6,000THB Embassy fee.

I found some language schools that do ed visas but it's just as expensive.  Seems this would be a more hassle-free way.  Anyone have experience?

Wow !!  I think very expensive.  Two years ago while still living in the US I applied and received a Non-Immigrant O-A visa with multiple entry stamp from the Thai Embassy in Washington, DC. I believe the total it cost me was about $175.00 and that included the Fed-Ex charge of shipping both ways back to me in Fla.

Just go on the Thai Embassy web-site. There's some paperwork involved, some running around to get all the requested documents but it's easy and you'll have your 1 year visa with multiple entry stamp in a couple of weeks. Then you can renew in a year here in Thailand. 

Edited by Kris

If yours is a straight forward case sounds a very large fee to me for very little work but that is lawyers for you. I would try the DiY route first and only if you have a problem think about paying for some help. Embassy website are normally very helpful  and if you meet the criteria fill in the forms yourself. If you apply in your home country the embassy staff will be able to speak English.