Traditional Thai massage?

Hello fellow board members,

I was wondering if any one here have recommendations for places offering traditional Thai massage? I was told that the best place is in or near Wat Pho temple. Any idea of the cost?

Just to clarify, I am not really looking for the Annie's Massage variety. I think I am sorted for that sort of needs. I am talking about something like this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_massage.

Thanks in advance for any inputs.

Hello fellow board members,

I was wondering if any one here have recommendations for places offering traditional Thai massage? I was told that the best place is in or near Wat Pho temple. Any idea of the cost?

Just to clarify, I am not really looking for the Annie's Massage variety. I think I am sorted for that sort of needs. I am talking about something like this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_massage.

Thanks in advance for any inputs.

Wat Po is the most famous school of massage but general advice for finding a good (non sexual) massage- find the oldest and burliest masseuse at any parlor outside of a tourist area and she will probably be amazing.

I've got one in ladprao who is just awful to look at but she has been doing it for over 30 years and almost makes me cry she is so fucking good. It you want a real Thai massage tell them they can't hurt you and go strong. Like Thai food, they think most foreigners can't handle the heat of the real deal.

Edited by Kimao

• 2 weeks later...

There is one place near NEP.  It's on Soi 7.  Trust me; the place is legit.  I was denied extra services.

Thanks. Any further info to help me find it?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Javi. I should have updated this thread but I was talking to a tour group manager and she was saying that she always takes her tour group to the Wat Pho temple for massage. So I was going to try it out when I am there as I am not interested in extras...

• 1 year later...

On soi 7/1, it's a small soi that also has Dr. Bj's on it.  As you're walking down the soi from Sukhumvit, it's on the left side of the street.  It says on the sign "Tarntip Massage and Spa - traditional massage - No Sex"

The girls sit outside tarntip usually dressed in uniforms.  All the other massage shops on that street offer extra's except Tarntip.  The extras that Tarntip offers are aroma therapy oils for their oil massage.  

And the price is very reasonable.  I think the Thai massage costs 250 or 300 baht.  Oil is 400 Baht.  I usually get the Thai massage.  It's been my go to massage place now for years.  It used to be located across the street right next door to the Eden Club when I first went there, and now it's in a much larger location right across the street.  

The store it used to be located in has Ladyboys sitting out front of it offering massage now.  At least that's the way it was last Fall.

IMG_1042.JPGIMG_1043.JPGIMG_1044.JPG

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

I go to a spa type place on Sukhumvit at the Asoke junction, it is on the even number side of the sois and it's right next to Asoke BTS, they have a range of different massages and is pretty reasonable too.

Just looked on google maps and it is called 'Urban Retreat' it looks a posh joint outside than your normal massage places

Pat

Another vote for Tarntip massage on Soi 7 . . almost directly across from Eden.  The massages are excellent, both Thai massage and oil massage.  No extras, but that is what Eden is for.

The Thai massage is awesome.

Also, for the best foot massage, try RainTree on Soi 11, across from the AuBonPain.