Which Hilton hotel for seeing the sites?

Looking to spend a week in November in one of the Hilton group properties in Bangkok for reward point and keeping up the status reasons. The idea is to mostly spend time looking around the city. Also would be good to have food/shopping options in close proximity as I don't want to be stuck with eating at hotel restaurants.

I am blind and people have been warning me about difficulties with walking in BKK. Not sure if having the company of a local lady is helpful but it would be good to have public transport nearby. I can always jump in a cab of course.

So among Hilton Millennium on Chao Phraya River, Conrad on Wireless Road and yet-to-open Hilton Sukhumvit, what would people recommend? Forget the doubletree. I find rooms in those places to be too small.

Thanks for inputs.

Forget the doubletree. I find rooms in those places to be too small.

I stayed at all 3 Hilton hotels that have been opened so far. This is my very personal opinion:

Millenium Hilton

- located on Thonburi side, so you have to pass Saphan Taksin every time you want to go to the "right" side of Chao Phraya river

- a little bit outworn

- very heartly, friendly and helpful staff

- if you booked a n executive room or executive suite you get breakfast for free at the lounge, but you have to pay for getting breakfast at the restaurant

- gf

- local market right around the corner, local restaurants as well

- The Mall Tha Phra is a 5 minutes taxi ride away

- easy access to Asiatique - The Riverfront

- hotel offers free boat shuttle to BTS Saphan Taksin, which works well

- great view from the Executive Lounge

- easy access to Wat Phra Cheo, Wat Arun and Wat Pho by riverboat shuttle

Conrad Bangkok

- right in the middle of Wireless Road

- hotel has free shuttle service to BTS Ploenchit

- there's a mall next to the hotel but not many shops and restaurants nearby

- gf

- for me the matresses are very - too - firm

- staff fits well for a business like hotel like the Conrad, but I never really liked their service attitude, but maybe it's just me

- if you don't get stucked in traffic jam within 5 minutes you are at MBK, Siam Paragon and other malls

DoublTree Sukhumvit

- nicely located at Soi 26, near lot's of massage shops like Snow White, Angel Massage, Cherry Massage or EZ2 Massage

- BTS Phrom Phong is a 3 minutes walk away

- rooms are rather small but nicely decorated

- very comfortable matress

- Emporium Mall nearby

- no one blinked an eye when I walked through the lobby with a sexy girl in my arm

- if you book a standard room for 20.000 points you can get a Nor1-Upgrade to a suite for 900 THB, imho can't beat that

- there's an alley that links the DoubleTree with the Hilton at Sukhumvit 24, so it's ideal for hotel hopping if you want to generate stays

- lot's of chinese guests (mainly tour groups)

My recommendation on your needs:

1. Hilton Sukhumvit

2. DoubleTree Sukhumvit

3. Millenium Hilton

4. Conrad

I stayed at all 3 Hilton hotels that have been opened so far. This is my very personal opinion:

Millenium Hilton

- located on Thonburi side, so you have to pass Saphan Taksin every time you want to go to the "right" side of Chao Phraya river

- a little bit outworn

- very heartly, friendly and helpful staff

- if you booked a n executive room or executive suite you get breakfast for free at the lounge, but you have to pay for getting breakfast at the restaurant

- gf

- local market right around the corner, local restaurants as well

- The Mall Tha Phra is a 5 minutes taxi ride away

- easy access to Asiatique - The Riverfront

- hotel offers free boat shuttle to BTS Saphan Taksin, which works well

- great view from the Executive Lounge

- easy access to Wat Phra Cheo, Wat Arun and Wat Pho by riverboat shuttle

Conrad Bangkok

- right in the middle of Wireless Road

- hotel has free shuttle service to BTS Ploenchit

- there's a mall next to the hotel but not many shops and restaurants nearby

- gf

- for me the matresses are very - too - firm

- staff fits well for a business like hotel like the Conrad, but I never really liked their service attitude, but maybe it's just me

- if you don't get stucked in traffic jam within 5 minutes you are at MBK, Siam Paragon and other malls

DoublTree Sukhumvit

- nicely located at Soi 26, near lot's of massage shops like Snow White, Angel Massage, Cherry Massage or EZ2 Massage

- BTS Phrom Phong is a 3 minutes walk away

- rooms are rather small but nicely decorated

- very comfortable matress

- Emporium Mall nearby

- no one blinked an eye when I walked through the lobby with a sexy girl in my arm

- if you book a standard room for 20.000 points you can get a Nor1-Upgrade to a suite for 900 THB, imho can't beat that

- there's an alley that links the DoubleTree with the Hilton at Sukhumvit 24, so it's ideal for hotel hopping if you want to generate stays

- lot's of chinese guests (mainly tour groups)

My recommendation on your needs:

1. Hilton Sukhumvit

2. DoubleTree Sukhumvit

3. Millenium Hilton

4. Conrad

Thanks Zauberfee for a detailed response. Staying near the river is appealing. Do you know if Millennium Hilton gives free breakfast for HHonors Gold? Or is it only when booking an exec room?

Looking to spend a week in November in one of the Hilton group properties in Bangkok for reward point and keeping up the status reasons. The idea is to mostly spend time looking around the city. Also would be good to have food/shopping options in close proximity as I don't want to be stuck with eating at hotel restaurants.

I am blind and people have been warning me about difficulties with walking in BKK. Not sure if having the company of a local lady is helpful but it would be good to have public transport nearby. I can always jump in a cab of course.

So among Hilton Millennium on Chao Phraya River, Conrad on Wireless Road and yet-to-open Hilton Sukhumvit, what would people recommend? Forget the doubletree. I find rooms in those places to be too small.

Thanks for inputs.

Conrad Hotel Wireless Road, Bangkok.