Lumpini to Sukhumvit on Foot in Less than 30 Minutes

So, you decided to stretch your legs at everybody's favourite, mid-city park and spent the afternoon at Lumpini Park.  You've enjoyed a day of chasing Monitor Lizards, joining in a yoga class, and experiencing Thai nationalism as the entire park comes to attention when the National Anthem is played in a scene reminiscent of Village of the Damned (just kidding, I think it's kind of cool). Now it's time to head back to Sukhumvit and prepare for the evening. You could take the MRT or a taxi but there is way to walk the entire route that is not difficult and will not take terribly long.

bangkok copy.jpg

There is a limited access, above ground pedway (#2 to #3) that extends from the NE corner of Lumpini Park to the south end of Soi 10 Sukhumvit. Head up to the NE corner of the park (#1), buy a bottle of water or frozen treat (it's hot!) and exit through the gate. Turn left. On the corner of the block is a set stairs (#2) up to the Pedway crossing Wireless Road. Climb the stairs and you are a short 1.2 km (3/4 mile) from the south end of Soi 10 (#3). Even walking slow, that's only a 20 minute walk from point to point. Once at the south end of soi 10, you can turn left and proceed to Sukhumvit (#4) or veer right and go to Benjakiri Park (#5) or Ratchadpisek Road. Unfortunately, it is fenced and you cannot access soi 4 directly and the last 1/4 mile is along that smelly canal.  Still, it's a neat walk.

pedway1.jpgLooking back towards the corner of Lumpini

pedway2.jpg

pedway3.jpg

pedway4.jpg

pedway5.jpg

pedway6.jpg

pedway7.jpg The expressway

• Upvote 4

House516

Thanks for posting that , it will come in handy ,i was jogging some times out of soi 4 turn left up to the junction with Wireless .but this looks a better route for me to get to Lumpini Park , make a decent jog this,