EYEGLASSES IN BKK

Tom Terrific

Has anyone gotten new lenses for their glasses or the whole works, frame and lenses,in BKK? If so, how was the

quality, price compared to your country and how long did it take? Also, if you have a good place you can recommend,

let me know. I am heading over in 3 weeks and have a new prescript. with a minor change and it's about time to

go ahead and get new lenses. Might keep the same frame. Thanks!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Top Charoen is the largest chain around. They have many shops and are a little pricey. I have always been satisfied with their service; they do stand by the products. I have taken glasses that are broken into a shop in a different city and they where fixed with no charge. It can take 3-5 days in Bangkok to get your lenses.

Last year I bought glass's at Top Charoen, they cost 10,000 bt (top of the range) and I was sorry I bought them. They were rimless. After 3weeks the glass broke beside the screw and when I brought them back they just superglued it back together!

They said it was my fault and they wouldn’t replace them.

I wouldn’t buy another pair of glass's in Thailand again.

Edited by SeanK

• 1 month later...

I use a guy who has a stall at a market outside Tesco's in Saphan Mai. I've used him several times without any problems, and he always gives a good service. My 78yr old mum came over a few weeks ago and bought glasses from him. She has a complicated prescription, and normally pays 240 GBP for her lenses alone. He did her some Hoya lenses + frame for 6000 baht. She is very happy with them.

• 3 months later...

If you want reading glasses, buy the ones at the pharmacy on the rack. Just look for the ones with your prescription. If you need glasses for other reasons, I recommend the optical shop (Top Charoen Optical www.topcharoen.co.th Tel.02-612-4170-1)at Times Square building. I got my glasses there 2 years ago, and use them everyday. I think it was 48 hour turn-around.

Califdann

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...