Grand President Soi 11

I been in this hotel once, around one year ago. I tried a standard room in a Tower 3.

the room was ok, around 26mq.

Wifi worked good but you can connect only one device at a time.

Buffet breakfast have plenty of food selection.

Gym is very small with a few machine, tools and dumbbells.

Swimming pool is small too, just good for relax but not for swim.

In the night time the room was quiet, but in the early morning start to be noisy from the staff clean room.

I found the security at tower 3 very low about checking girls and ID card, not a big problem for me, but for someone this could be a serious lack.

Here some pics

Gym:

Grand President gym (1).JPG

Grand President gym (2).JPG

Grand President gym (3).JPG

Room:

Grand President room (1).JPG

Grand President room (2).JPG

Grand President room (3).JPG

Grand President room (4).JPG

Grand President room (5).JPG

Swimming Pool:

Grand president swim (1).JPG

Grand president swim (2).JPG

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

Thanks for pics. Am considering this spot. Or some where on 11. Have only stayed closer to NEP in past so this would be a big change.

I guess that's a yes on the "bum gun" and that pool looks giant for swimming.

Gotta love the mirrors next to the bed ????

and that pool looks giant for swimming.

the pool is small, and the small part you can see on the left side on the pic is for baby.

this is tower 3 and you dont have a reception at the ground floor, have only a bell boy, but when i was there him never check for ID card or call me in the room when lady come to meet me.

all floors have a storage room where they keep the spare bedding, avoid the room near storage room.

• 3 weeks later...

^ To add to my question above.

I just read dozens of recent reviews of the "Grand President" on Tripadvisor.

I think you should read them before booking.  I'm not saying this is the norm, and it's true the unhappy folks usually post a review and the happy ones don't. 

Tripadvisor is worth reviewing for any hotel you are considering. I've always done this and it helpful. 

Good call. I just cancelled my Grand President booking, and booked the Ambassador instead - AUD $64/night (USD $49.63), including 7% hotel tax and 10% service charge. I don't intend using it for much, other than for an early hours FL, so this sounds like a good deal. Climax in the basement too, which sounds OK!

Edited by godzuki

Good call. I just cancelled my Grand President booking, and booked the Ambassador instead - AUD $64/night (USD $49.63), including 7% hotel tax and 10% service charge. I don't intend using it for much, other than for an early hours FL, so this sounds like a good deal. Climax in the basement too, which sounds OK!

godzuki,

So, you read trip adviser and changed from Grand President.

I was very close to booking room at Grand President, but I'm going to look for other options now. 

godzuki,

So, you read trip adviser and changed from Grand President.

I was very close to booking room at Grand President, but I'm going to look for other options now.

Yes, the Ambassador seemed to have a much better score overall on TripAdvisor.