3 Friends. 3 Budgets. 3 Hotels....Help?

Hey guys,

I live in BKK so I have no need for hotels and haven't kept up with where is good and guest friendly. Over the next 2 months I've got 3 friends coming to visit at different times all with different budgets and need hotel recommendations for them all.

All will prefer to be close to the BTS and near the night life and I can't spend the whole time being tour guide so want them to be able to amuse themselves around Sukhumvit area when I'm not around.

One is looking at under 600B per night. One happy to pay up to 2,000B. The third says money is no object (flash bastard!) but I doubt he'll spend thousands of dollars per night either.

Any help?

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

I always put visiting friends on Sukhumvit soi 8. It's a cool and chilled soi, opposite the clubs and bars of Soi 11 and around the corner from Nana and Cowboy. 1 minute to Nana BTS, 5 mins to Terminal 21. It's usually ideal.

For the 1500 to 2000 rooms I'd go for the Stable Lodge (small resort feel to it) on soi 8 or the Dynasty Inn Grande (very comfortable) just through the short cut on soi 6.

For the money is no object guy I'd go with the Adelphi Suites on Soi 8, or Le Fenix down the end of soi 11.

Hard to find anything around the 600 Baht mark in that area. I've only had one friend come to visit on such a tight budget and I put them in the Honey House on Sukhumvit soi 22. It's a nice area with lots of bars, restaurants and close to Asoke and Soi Cowboy The hotel wasn't great but then he got what he paid for.. It was 600 per night but he negotiated a bit cheaper for a weeks stay.

• Upvote 1

Majestic Suites at the start of Soi Nana(1200-1500) per night. Ibis is good for comfort, cleanliness, wi-fi & free buffet breakfast also on Soi Nana. Omni which is located right behind Ibis is also good. You can choose the apartment side or the hotel side. Their rooms are THB1200-1500 per night. Ibis & Omni provide tuk tuk service as well to the top of Sukhumvikt. Those are just a few that come to mind. There are loads of reasonable hotels on Soi 4 right next to all the action for THB700-1500. All of these hotels are girl friendly. Stop by a check it out...

Edited by Tmoney