Looking for sky-scraper hotel in Bangkok.

Im not sure what your budget is, but my friends stayed at Lebua Towers last year. They travel a lot in nice hotels and they said this was by far the biggest "wow factor" they have ever stayed in.

One of them took a couple of guests back some nights and was not a problem. Saying that, he never declared they were guests, he just kept walking to the lift and took them into his room. So it sounds like they are cool about it.

I was at Lebua Tower Sky Bar for a few drinks this year. This was the nicest bar I've ever been at !

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody!

Can anyone advice me a sky-scraper hotel in Bangkok?

I have found some of them in booking.com, such as Baiyoke Sky Hotel, but I dont know whether its possible to take a guest into the rooms in that hotels. This is an important issue for me! Any suggestions, experience?

Dymytry: I can't help you in good conscience. I suspect you are going for a 'Farang Suicide'. We've seen the signs before. You may think it'll be a spectacular ending from the 87 floor, but in Thailand it's just so ubiquitous among us. A Ho-Hum affair. I was told by a Bangkok cab driver that Farang falling from tall buildings, damage more cars than all the collisions on the Bangkok roadways ! I believe him too ! As an American I feel I can hold my head high because Mr. Carradine resisted the overwhelming urge when he arrived in Bangkok to damage innocent Thai property and make a God-awful mess. That's one classy guy IMHO ! Whatever you do, Dymytry, don't break up with the bargirl you just met, because you'll become so inconsolable that you'll: beat yourself about the head with a heavy object (cracking your skull), tie your hands behind your back, while tying your ankles together, then hogtying yourself (ankles to wrists to neck), Dymytry, you'll also tie a plastic bag tightly over your head, and finally you'll crawl to the balcony and hop from a prone position over a 4 foot rail to your death. It's getting old around here. It's so been done. Maybe try being pulled apart by elephants. That's new and different. We'll know you must have had money problems too, because you'll only have 50 baht in your wallet and you'll no longer have any credit cards. The Thai police have seen this Farang syndrome so often that they no longer need investigate. Dymytry promise me you'll find a ground floor room ! wj

Edited by wackyjacky

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Wow nice pictures. I like it so much. And about your question. So I think that when we have took the room then its not the consideration that whose is living there. So yes we can have guest there. But I don't think so that we have to declare them as a guest to the hotel.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

+1 here for Lebua. Stayed there for two nights in 2009. It's an all suite property, so you get the bonus of a proper living area separate from the bedroom. Full five star treatment with about 8 staff wai'ing and greeting me between the front door and the check-in counter! Seated in the lobby lounge for check-in rather than standing at a counter. Scored a room on I think the 57th floor (was about 2-3 floors front the top), fantastic views, clean, comfortable and spacious suite. Amazing bed - you'll want to sleep in for ages each morning. Love the fact that you need to sign a disclaimer before they unlock the balcony doors. LOL.

Guest friendly as well, never questioned by staff, although I'm sure it would be different if you came through with a noisy group.

Good facilities on site and very discreet cleaning staff. Never saw the cleaners, but I'd duck out for breakfast and the room would be made up by the time I was back 45mins later. Came back first night, showered, changed and headed up to SkyBar before eating at Sirocco. Left towels, etc o nthe bathroom floors. When me and my guest came back after eating, the room had been cleaned up again and the sheets turned down. I'm assuming that they monitored door locks, reservations, etc to determine when room are empty so that it appears as though the fairies have been in to tidy up!!

I'll see if I can dig out some pics.