Woraburi

I had to do a one night business trip to BKK recently close to Nana. I often stay at the Woraburi as although the rooms are small they are well fitted and the whole place is far cleaner than the Nana at must lower prices.

This trip I had an interesting experience and its best described by copying in (as best I can remember) the conversation.

Arrived outside the Woraburi

Big Sign outside stating Room 997 Baht

Do for me I thought.

Went in and asked for Standard Room, double occupancy with brekkie

"Yes sir that will be 1600 Baht" - WTF.

"You have a sign outside says 997 Baht"

"Oh we dont do that now"

"OK I can book on the internet for 900 Baht"

"OK Sir we will do 1300 baht but only one person and no breakfast"

"But I can book on the internet for 900 Baht. I will pay 1000 for two with one breakfast"

"OK sir but the best I can do is 1300, one person, no breakfast"

"OK wait"

Walk to the internet cafe - about 30 metres

Book same room for two + breafast on Agoda.

Cost including Taxes for two people and two breakfasts - 931 baht + got 40 loyalty points whcih are the main reason I always use Agoda

Print off coupon

Walk back 30 meters.

Girl all smiles "ahhh welcome back sir"

Hand her the print coupon.

Cue loud THUD as girls chin hits floor.

They now have a grand total of around 760 baht as they pay Agoda20%.

She stands there looking gobsmacked and calls over the manager. He tells her to accept the coupon.

I dont want to appear a cheap Charlie here, I would happily have paid the 1000 to save the short trip to the net cafe.

I got a similar story in Singapore last year.

OK ... sat down in a chair in the lobby and pulled out the laptop and my 3G moden.

Suddenly the reduced rate was available for walk ins.

But I think they gave me the worst broom closet they had available.

• 4 weeks later...

Good on you.

Last year I had the same thing happen.

I stayed at a different hotel every two days, (most deals are for 3 days 2 nights), and it leaves them guessing where you are? LoL

I booked on line and wasn't due to check in till the next day, I showed up a day early since I was staying in a rat hole (totally different than the pics online). I was quoted a price 500 baht higher than the online price.

I pulled out the printout from their website stating the prices. Same thing- mouth open, called the manager over. They honored the price and then tossed in breakfast, one hour massage and one hour free internet, when I asked them why I was lied to (in front of a full lobby of guests checking in)...apparently the others were getting charged more. I was asked to come to the side desk to work out the details quietly.

Yup,

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys !

I have also done like that.

I wanted to stay at Pullman ( former Sofitel ) in Khon Kaen.

I walked in and asked for the price and got a higher price than the internet rate. When i asked if I could have the internet rate, the lady in the reception said: it's only for internet booking. I asked her if i could use their computer in the business center and she said yes. I walked 5 meters, booked the room, printed the receipt and walked back to the reception and she accepted it and I got my room much cheeper.

Cheers :lol: