Hotel with late check out

Hi there,

My upcoming trip is on 6 weeks away thank god...

I have my last night in BKK on the 26th of September, however my flight does not leave until close to mid night on the 27th.

Do you recommend I search for a hotel with a late check out, or should I book a hotel for the extra day so I have access to the hotel all day until about 9pm until I make my way to the airport??

Thoughts, suggestions??

Thanks

I would book the extra day. This way you have the room up until you want to leave for the airport.

You don't have to worry about having the hotel watch your bags. Its also nice to be able to shower right before you leave for the airport.

I would book the extra day. This way you have the room up until you want to leave for the airport.

You don't have to worry about having the hotel watch your bags. Its also nice to be able to shower right before you leave for the airport.

Yeah Im thinking the same.

If I check out of hotel at say mid day, but the time I arrive back in Melbourne it will be about 24 hours without a shower.

Think its more worth while paying for the extra night and have us right up to when I leave.

Thanks for you help.

Your flight is close to midnight. So you have to be at the airport by 10pm. Which means a safe time for starting from hotel to airport is around 9pm.

You can check with your hotel. Some allows late check out with extra charges less than 1 full day stay. While some may give it for free as it is low season. If you have not book your hotel yet, you can negotiate for late check out before you confirm your reservation. I feel if they can allow you till 6pm, its good enough. You can check out at 6pm, leave your luggage at the hotel. Then either go have nice dinner with your Tirak (if you have), or go for a massage. Come back hotel before 9pm and get a taxi to airport.

If all fails you just have to pay 1 full day.

For me, my flight home is usually 8pm. I got a late check out at 4pm, sometimes free sometimes with a small charge.

Hi there,

My upcoming trip is on 6 weeks away thank god...

I have my last night in BKK on the 26th of September, however my flight does not leave until close to mid night on the 27th.

Do you recommend I search for a hotel with a late check out, or should I book a hotel for the extra day so I have access to the hotel all day until about 9pm until I make my way to the airport??

Thoughts, suggestions??

Thanks

E-mail them & see what they charge for 1/2 a day. If it's an expensive hotel, maybe you might just want to switch to a cheap one. BTW, one is VERY clean after a soapy - you might wanna finish your trip with one. wj