from BKK to Cambodia

Pocoyo

Is it necessary to book flights (BKK to Cambodia) in advance OR can I do it easily from a travel agent upon arrival in BKK?

I was thinking BKK to SR...then SR to PP ..then back to BKK ....all 1 ways

Are there many flights?

What kind of fares are we talking about here?

Thank you

i booked from the uk with expedia flights from bangkok with bangkok airways and 6 nigths at 4 star prince dangor hotel in siem reap cost me £595 last year but plenty of other accommodation to suit all budgets flights are only 1 hour from bangkok and you can get a visa at the airport in siem reap i would think you could get fights and hotel cheaper if you book when in bangkok but not 100% sure but i prefer to get thinks sorted before i go hope any of this helps

flights from bkk to cambo are expensive, 275 u.s. from bkk to saigon 80 u.s. these are one way prices. i was looking into it myself, and may include my vietnam portion of my trip before cambo to save money.

• 4 weeks later...

You could buy a Discovery Airpass from BKK Air (PG), but you have to purchase 3 segments & they don't have flights REP-PNH. There are flights on that route, but they're pricey. PG fucks you bad on the BKK-USM & BKK-REP routes since they have a monopoly. If you're also going someplace else, go for the pass. Otherwise IIWY, I'd just bend over & take it like a man on the BKK-REP leg. Take a bus (or shared taxi) down to PNH & fly Air Asia back to BKK. Here's the link:http://www2.bangkokair.com/en/plan-your-trip/discovery-airpass/discovery-airpass.php:

Edited by wackyjacky

• 2 weeks later...

Is it necessary to book flights (BKK to Cambodia) in advance OR can I do it easily from a travel agent upon arrival in BKK?

I was thinking BKK to SR...then SR to PP ..then back to BKK ....all 1 ways

Are there many flights?

What kind of fares are we talking about here?

Thank you

Wrong direction if you're looking to save money. For BKK-SRP you're stuck with Bangkok Airways, ridiculously expensive.

As a long-time veteran traveler to Cambodia (usually from Thailand), I recommend you fly Air Asia from BKK to PNH (about US $150 RT). Then take a bus (about $12 one-way) to Siem Reap, about 6 hours, decent roads too. Plan on about 3 days there, then take the bus back to Phnom Penh. You can also take a bus from Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville if you want to hit the beach. Phnom Penh itself is not for everyone...not too much tourist stuff to see, but it's cheap enough and some decent restaurants, and a healthy bar scene...just don't expect Pattaya or even BKK...but lots of fun can be had, for $40 LT as opposed to around $70 in BKK.

• Upvote 1

Wrong direction if you're looking to save money. For BKK-SRP you're stuck with Bangkok Airways, ridiculously expensive.

As a long-time veteran traveler to Cambodia (usually from Thailand), I recommend you fly Air Asia from BKK to PNH (about US $150 RT). Then take a bus (about $12 one-way) to Siem Reap, about 6 hours, decent roads too. Plan on about 3 days there, then take the bus back to Phnom Penh. You can also take a bus from Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville if you want to hit the beach. Phnom Penh itself is not for everyone...not too much tourist stuff to see, but it's cheap enough and some decent restaurants, and a healthy bar scene...just don't expect Pattaya or even BKK...but lots of fun can be had, for $40 LT as opposed to around $70 in BKK.

I also recommend you take advantage of the Cambodian eVisa; do everything online for $25 US, and you'll breeze through the airport on arrival, and not get a page in your passport eaten up with a huge ugly visa...you just print out the visa they e-mail you twice, and give them one copy when you arrive, one when you leave. Most modern and civilized visa in SEAsia.

• Upvote 1

Then take a bus (about $12 one-way) to Siem Reap, about 6 hours, decent roads too.

Or take a boat trip on Tonle Sap to get to REP. It also takes 5 to 6 hours and when the wether is good it can be a nice experience.

11428291ui.jpg

11428292fn.jpg

• Upvote 1