After The Bars & Clubs Close

I've only been to Bangkok (Thailand in general) once about 8 years ago. I recall (only just having consumed copious amounts of alcohol) that after the club closed at 2am (we were empty handed) some lads from Singapore took us to what must have been a hotel restaurant FULL of decent women. They were still serving food and drink until the early hours. We had some decent munch, a few drinks, picked a girl (and they really were hot) and went back to our hotel.

Are such places common? Can anyone recommend any? I'm planning to stay around the Sukhumvit area so would be great if there are any nearby?

Cheers.

• Upvote 1

There's a number of clubs that get going around that time. Climax, Insomnia (both popular) and Liquid (struggling) are in the area and a few higher class places a cab ride away.

Outside Nana and along Sukhumvit mobile bars are set up with tables and chairs and you can drink away the night.

If you like late late nights - Sukhumvit from Cowboy to Nana is alive and kicking till dawn.. just the normal established bars shut after 2am - with the exceptions (above open to sparrows). Whether they are meeting Newbie tourists, freelancers bar-owners, or just decent girls all having a night out (really :lol: ?) - you will enjoy yourself... almost back to the old reputation of the City that never Sleeps.

There's a number of clubs that get going around that time. Climax, Insomnia (both popular) and Liquid (struggling) are in the area and a few higher class places a cab ride away.

Outside Nana and along Sukhumvit mobile bars are set up with tables and chairs and you can drink away the night.

Thanks for the info! I've been to Climax before but I think it used to be called Spicy!? Do you know what the 'higher class' places are called?

If you like late late nights - Sukhumvit from Cowboy to Nana is alive and kicking till dawn.. just the normal established bars shut after 2am - with the exceptions (above open to sparrows). Whether they are meeting Newbie tourists, freelancers bar-owners, or just decent girls all having a night out (really :lol: ?) - you will enjoy yourself... almost back to the old reputation of the City that never Sleeps.

Sounds good... thanks! Whats your place called?

Hi Jonny B) my bar is one that closes before 2am... the post here refers to the adventure playground of lower Sukhumvit Rd that kicks off at about midnight until the morning. Quite fun to work your way from Soi 3 up to Soi 21 just bar hopping and taking in the atmosphere. The big clubs and late night bars include Climax... a very very crowded, smokey, hot spot without many (I saw 1) fire exits in a walled-in carpark under the Ambassador Hotel in Soi 11 - but the bands wind people up - and there are plenty of singles there. Bangkok Beat in Soi 7/1 - good for live bands and parading your stuff. Bamboo bar in Soi 3 (about 100 metres on the left side away from Sukhumvit). CM2 good till about 3am under the Novatel in Siam Square. Then two corner bars in Soi Cowboy that kick on until late 3-4am sometimes. These big clubs can be costly.. but the street bars are not and stay open till dawn and they host a complete mix of people from dusky to fair, tame to wild, honest to ..... take your chances. Gorgeous to (well a brown paper bag might be handy depending on the time of night or how many drinks you have had)... if you are a first timer - better fun to go with a mate as sometimes there is safety in numbers. Good hunting.

Climax is always my favorite when the bars/clubs close.

That said I have taken back a couple of rough looking chicks from there lol!

A few years ago I used to go to a club down near MBK that was an after hours place anyone know where I am on about or its name? Was sort of a long narrow place- I think it was in China town!?

Sounds good... thanks! Whats your place called?

Hi Jonny I came back to this..

Checkinn99 you may google it.. the facebook is also a good intro

DSC07583.jpg

Corner or Asoke and Sukhumvit, right outside the MRT.

DSC07651.jpg

DSC07661.jpg

Around Soi 5

DSC07667.jpg

DSC07673.jpg

DSC07683.jpg

There's always a few right next to the Asoke BTS (odd Soi side).

DSC07723.jpg

DSC07725.jpg

Nana hotel parking lot. The line up seems small than in years past, but still worth a quick peak.

DSC09539.jpg

Dude looks like a lady!!

DSC09629.jpg

Same Same....

DSC09597.jpg

These were all taken after 2:00 AM.

• Upvote 1

Little Me... perfect photos. and actually these photos put some life back in the forum. Hope more people can post. Who knows the tunnel that goes between the side of Soi 5 (near to the Amari Boulevard) through to Soi 7 exiting just near Beer garden... what an adventure!

• 4 weeks later...