Kasikorn bank, Foreign Bank account.

Does anyone know of a branch of Kasikorn bank in BKK that will allow me to open a Foreign Bank account for non residents?

I want to do this as soon as I arrive in May, but have read on PA that BKK branches tend to refuse to do it, and people have to go to Pattaya to get it done without problem.

In 2010 I opened a savings account with Kasikorn Bank (Interchange Building branch in BKK). All they wanted to see was my passport and visa. At least once each month I have money wired from my bank in the US. It's been working great ! Kasikorns' fee is low and the money is in my account in less then 24 hours. Also I have a Kasikorn ATM Card.

apparently they have an account called 'foreign bank account' which a lot of people on PA are using,

but seems in Bangkok the bank is reluctant to allow them, whereas in Pattaya there is no problem.

Just wondered if anyone on here had got one, and where they opened it.

• 7 months later...

I opened my Kasikorn account in Koh Samui. They only needed my passport and an adress in Thailand.

Know that there is a fee when using your ATM card in other province but this fee is not as high then the fee you have to pay when using your creditcard to get cash from ATM.

• 1 month later...