Ramada Encore

Here are my thoughts on the hotel I stayed in just this past weekend.

The Ramada Encore

http://www.ramadaencorebangkok.com/

PROS:

Great Hotel, Trendy as Hell, Amazing customer service, "GUEST FRIENDLY" with no issues or drama. Nice little Bar and restaurant on the first floor.

The rooms are great. Really nice bathrooms, big spacious rain style showers with glass walls(With room for 2+ :D ). Free wifi for guests. The hotel has no issue with check-in 24 hours. Staff on hand and friendly 24/7. Comfortable feeling of security, (Room card needed to use elevator)!

The hotel has a great rooftop restaurant/bar/pool area (Leapfrog). These places are not only beautiful and relaxed but treat you with a level of service as close to any of the "finer" dining establishments that I visited in BKK.

Cons:

The rooms are just a touch on the small side. This was not much of an issue for me b/c I was basically there to sleep and shower but thought I would pass along.

The hotel itself is a short walk from Sukhumvit so you are not right in the middle of the chaos. In regards to this, the hotel will shuttle you from its locale to Sukhumvit as a courtesy but you are trucking it back on your own. There is a nice Garden area between the hotel and Sukhumvit that is beautiful.

I loved this hotel and will surely stay here again.

• 4 weeks later...

Here are my thoughts on the hotel I stayed in just this past weekend.

The Ramada Encore

http://www.ramadaencorebangkok.com/

PROS:

Great Hotel, Trendy as Hell, Amazing customer service, "GUEST FRIENDLY" with no issues or drama. Nice little Bar and restaurant on the first floor.

The rooms are great. Really nice bathrooms, big spacious rain style showers with glass walls(With room for 2+ :D ). Free wifi for guests. The hotel has no issue with check-in 24 hours. Staff on hand and friendly 24/7. Comfortable feeling of security, (Room card needed to use elevator)!

The hotel has a great rooftop restaurant/bar/pool area (Leapfrog). These places are not only beautiful and relaxed but treat you with a level of service as close to any of the "finer" dining establishments that I visited in BKK.

Cons:

The rooms are just a touch on the small side. This was not much of an issue for me b/c I was basically there to sleep and shower but thought I would pass along.

The hotel itself is a short walk from Sukhumvit so you are not right in the middle of the chaos. In regards to this, the hotel will shuttle you from its locale to Sukhumvit as a courtesy but you are trucking it back on your own. There is a nice Garden area between the hotel and Sukhumvit that is beautiful.

I loved this hotel and will surely stay here again.

Now you've got me thinking Squeeze.

I had decided on a Suite room at Boss Suites for 2500 a night including breakfast. I stay in under 1500 baht rooms in Pattaya but have decided to spend a bit more for my time in Bangkok.

I've emailed The Ramada Encore and they have replied with Deck room with Balcony ( Deluxe room, 30 square meters) : THB 2,600 net / room / night include Breakfast.

Which one do you guys think would be better for location, cleanliness, friendly staff etc.

If you you have any other recommendations, the main thing that is a must is reasonably clean, a balcony and a pool (doesn't have to be a good/big pool, just somewhere to cool off).

Your thoughts??

• 3 weeks later...

Nice review Squeez

I was looking for a new place to lay my head next month, this looks and sounds like the place for me. In a good position soi 10 options left right and forward for drinking once i get on to Suk,

Raistx, mate have stayed at the boss a few times ,sounds like they are botha bit of a walk on there soi,s, but Boss is on 4 so not to far to get some action, last time i was there the bathroom was stinking a little, no big deal, but waking up with a bad head and smelling thatevery morning put me of a bit.

Nice review Squeez

I was looking for a new place to lay my head next month, this looks and sounds like the place for me. In a good position soi 10 options left right and forward for drinking once i get on to Suk,

Raistx, mate have stayed at the boss a few times ,sounds like they are botha bit of a walk on there soi,s, but Boss is on 4 so not to far to get some action, last time i was there the bathroom was stinking a little, no big deal, but waking up with a bad head and smelling thatevery morning put me of a bit.

Thanks Andy.

I've already booked Boss Suites. Hopefully its OK.

I checked in here yesterday and booked a double room with breakfast. I kind of like the idea of going down to breakfst the next morning with my lady friend. If we wake up early enough!!

However, had a bit of an arguement with the hotel staff this morning, they insisted that I pay for the girls breakfast because she was not a registered guest for my room.

I explained that I had booked and paid for a double room (including breakfast) and I could bring anybody I liked to breakfast.

The thai guy at the front desk went away (to discuss with his expat manager) and came back with his nose out of joint...saying that it was ok, i did not have to pay.....but it kind of ruined the mood.

Will keep people posted ...if it is really resolved.

Thanks for the heads up, it does spoil the feeling for a place when something like this happens, I think it is hard for them to realize that a double room+ breakfast can mean two people, they just have to see it in black and white,

I always book two people on the booking form telling them my GF will be here later. It should not matter if a different girl is sat at the table every morning” bought and paid for.

I think I will stick with my usual hunts now, all for trying somewhere new but cannot be bothering with a row before my breakfast if I make it that is? Good on you for sticking to ur Guns, just watch they don’t skiff your, toast now, don’t taste to nice.

The breakfast issue seemed to resolve itself, because the next morning they did not even ask me for my room number. I found the location pretty good, right between Soi Cowboy and Nana Plaza.

In the 3 nights I stayed there I did not see anybody else with a thai gf. Most guest were either couples or did not appear to be in Thailand for the P4P scene.

While the hotel was very nice...i will probably try somewehere else next time.