LAPTOP purchase

hi .. hope someone out there may provide some info on a recommened location to purchase a laptop in bangkok .. also looking at apple i-pad too .. any ideas will be much appreciated .. going there next march - may 2012 .. pete mac

The best places to get electronics, imo, would be the 4th floor of MBK where all the electronic gurus hang out at in their shops. But if you ask me, you won't get any deals there better than you would get in your own country.

• Upvote 1

Unless you are buying one for a Thai friend (so you can get Thai script software and Thai keyboard), you can almost certainly get a better deal in the west than you can get in Thailand for almost any real electronics - including laptops. And the ipad will likely be a bit more expensive here in Thailand as well - depending a bit on the exchange rate.

Pantip Plaza, Fortune Town, and MBK are all decent options.

• Upvote 1

Unless you are buying one for a Thai friend (so you can get Thai script software and Thai keyboard), you can almost certainly get a better deal in the west than you can get in Thailand for almost any real electronics - including laptops. And the ipad will likely be a bit more expensive here in Thailand as well - depending a bit on the exchange rate.

very true as I have found this also.

The best places to get electronics, imo, would be the 4th floor of MBK where all the electronic gurus hang out at in their shops. But if you ask me, you won't get any deals there better than you would get in your own country.

hi frosty .. and thanks for your useful infomation .. i will resort to my own country or maybe hong kong as i am also going there next year for the rugby sevens .. cheers .. pete mac

hi ibf .. thanks also to you for your views .. i will resort to aust or maybe hong kong .. cheers .. pete mac

very true as I have found this also.

thanks bundy .. 3 out of 3 recommendations to buy in aust .. leads me to have more faith in my country .. smiles .. pete mac

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Last year I got a much better deal in Oz (and I knew if there was a problem that I could go back to the shop) for a laptop than in BKK. No worries about the keyboard and software language also. For mobile phones however MBK is hard to beat all the phones are not locked to any network and I paid half the Aussie price. The shop changed the language to English for me but the Thia version is still there as well if I ever want it.

hi .. hope someone out there may provide some info on a recommened location to purchase a laptop in bangkok .. also looking at apple i-pad too .. any ideas will be much appreciated .. going there next march - may 2012 .. pete mac

• 1 year later...