Chatuchak Weekend Market

Hello, I am arriving in Bangkok on thursday and I was looking forward to going to the Chatuchak Weekend Market .... Does anyone know if this area has been affected by flooding? Have any areas in the main parts of Bangkok been affected... I'm staying at the The Westin Grande am i going to need to bring a canoe with me? haha

• 6 months later...

If you have never been there it is worth a look. Just be prepared it is vast and you can walk about for hours. Couple of tips if you see something you like buy it them as finding the stall again is bloody difficult/impossible. Use the BTS to get there but buy your return ticket when you arrive as the station is very busy when the market closes and all the ticket machine have long waits.

Fancy going here myself watched a few youtube videos looks an interesting day out

• 3 months later...

If you have never been there it is worth a look. Just be prepared it is vast and you can walk about for hours. Couple of tips if you see something you like buy it them as finding the stall again is bloody difficult/impossible. Use the BTS to get there but buy your return ticket when you arrive as the station is very busy when the market closes and all the ticket machine have long waits.

Aint that the truth! The amount of times that we got lost walking around there was crazy. Every stall, every row looked exactly the same. I also didnt find it to be as good value as other places we had shopped at. The prices were incredibly firm and you basically had to do the "walk away" to even get a reduction/negotiation. BUT going to Chatuchak is almost a right of passage for those visiting bangers...so well worth a visit just to see the spectacle imho.

Been to the JJ market also, was also in the lonely planet as a must-see.

Well, to be honest, I was in and out within 3 hours. Much of the same, found everywhere, but maybe a little cheaper if you can bargain really good.

Was nice to see, but will not go there again. I liked china-town more.

• 2 months later...

Was nice to see, but will not go there again. I liked china-town more.

Yup, the same. I have found that prices at CC market are...higher than in downtown (probably for farangs). If you waant to buy anything the best way to go with Thai friends - in that case you will get pretty nice price.

t.72

• 4 weeks later...