slow and easy

tulip boy 2

I brought my future wife to the UK on a visitor visa first. she went back waited a month asked for a marrage visa to get married in Scotland. this was granted no problem. only advice from me is you cant give them to much info, only to little and dont tell any lies, once you have lost the trust of the visa office your stuffed fail to prepair, prepair to fail???????

Good to hear about your smooth applications mate. Im sure it will be very reassuring for many.

How much did it cost for the marriage visa and what did you have to prove / any monetary values in bank accounts etc (and if so, how long did that cash sum have to be in the account for prior to application) ?

I ask about the cash accounts as the points-based system for students is heavily weighted on ensuring you have enough cash to support yourself whilst in the country.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, did you get married in Thailand. If so, what was the process about getting the UKBA to recognise the marriage and granting the spouse visa?

The reason I ask is that my partner is on a UK 2 year Post Study Work visa and we plan to marry before this PSW visa expires.

Thanks in advance bud.

This was six years ago the marrage visa was five hundred pounds. we got married in Scotland the marrage visa only valid for six months. once married we had to go back for another visa for two years, after that she passed the living in britain test so has now got a brit passport. saves a lot of hassle.

only had to show bank statments and prove i had enough income to keep her here without claiming state benifits.

sent some pics of my home to prove place big enough for both of us. I did not have a lot of money in bank but had a regular wage showing on statments. Hope this helps.

This was six years ago the marrage visa was five hundred pounds. we got married in Scotland the marrage visa only valid for six months. once married we had to go back for another visa for two years, after that she passed the living in britain test so has now got a brit passport. saves a lot of hassle.

only had to show bank statments and prove i had enough income to keep her here without claiming state benifits.

sent some pics of my home to prove place big enough for both of us. I did not have a lot of money in bank but had a regular wage showing on statments. Hope this helps.

Thanks very much for your reply mate.

The 6 month visa that needs more fees and re-application sounds a bit shit, but then I can understand why they would have that extra layer in for fake-marriages, albeit it penalises the bona fide ones.

Cheers

LULT